New User
jhwriter
0 Kudos

cover art

Where do people get their cover art from?

Contributor
jw2010
0 Kudos

Re: cover art

I created mine by finding public domain pictures and using a program called GIMP (similar to photoshop, but free) to edit the pictures into the coverart.

Distinguished Correspondent
Mrs-Smith
0 Kudos

You can search through the public domain photos, or you can buy photos too. Or if you're handy with a camera and have a good eye, take your own photos. If you have money to spare, you can also pay someone to create your cover for you. It's all up to you and what you're capable of doing.

Good luck :smileyhappy:

New User
brassbuzzard
0 Kudos

Help!! For some reason, I can't make my cover art upload.  I've scrupulously adhered to the requisite pixel count and file size, but it just won't go, no matter what I do.  Now I'm stuck.  The book is uploaded, looks great on the NOOK sampler, but I can't get the cover art to go through no matter what.  Any ideas?

New User
WheelMan_Press
0 Kudos

What type of image is it? JPG? And how did you create it?
New User
KellyWright77
0 Kudos

Yes, I am in the same boat. I have scanned in artwork in the JPEG format yet it will not upload. And so I, too, have my e-book uploaded, but there I am unable to get the cover art to upload.  I have stuck to the pixel count and the "jpeg" requirement.

Distinguished Correspondent
Mrs-Smith
0 Kudos

Kelly-

You might have stayed within the parameters of the pixel length and width, but is the file, by chance, too big? The file cannot be any bigger than a file between 5KB and 2MB.