Frequent Contributor
raines
0 Kudos

how are your sales going?

My sales for the month are same as last months but, not as good as last December but, today it really really slow.

Frequent Contributor
JimLow
0 Kudos

Re: how are your sales going?

Inexplicably low.

Frequent Contributor
MartiTalbott
0 Kudos

Dry as a bone last few days. October was great, November went downhill, now little to nothing. Ouch

Marti Talbott's Highlander Series 1 (Anna, Rachel & Charlet)  

Reader
polishathena
0 Kudos

My sales at BN are dismal.  I thought at first it was the medium I write in (graphic novels), but I still show ZERO sales for December, yet atAmazon I see sales normal for the holiday season--which is double my normal monthly sales. 

Sales have been so low on BN that I took Amazon's offer and made two fiction titles I released on both platforms, exclusive only to Amazon to offer their Prime Members for free.  I've kept my graphic novels on both platforms, but if things don't change...I may reconsider.

I can't say I'm shocked, I'm not impressed with BN's new 'paperless' disitribution process either-- their process for ordering prints books is still antiquated and there's not enough support dedicated to fixing errors on product pages or working with small pubs.  :smileysad:

I want Nook to be a viable sales outlet, but it won't happen until they start adapting Amazon's behind the scenes formula for sales.

Contributor
magraham
0 Kudos

I've found B&N to be a good sales platform. I'm new to Pubit (since the first of last month). Previously I was on B&N through SW. 

Although I've seen some comments indicating otherwise, the one time I contacted support they were very helpful and I really like the way the numbers display at B&N.  I especially enjoy knowing the actual dollar number, which I don't get at Amazon until the 15th of the following month.  At B&N I see the dollars as they accrue. 

I haven't pulled my books from other platforms to do Kindle Select.  The folks at Amazon KDP have been good to me as well (I've had an ordering issue with Amazon over an e-reader from a Chinese Company that apparently ships whatever is in their bin instead of what you order and I'm disappointed that Amazon would do business with such a vendor. However, I'm going to file an A to Z claim and expect Amazon will refund my money and then it can chase down the miscreant vendor.)  But KDP - those folks have been good.  Yet I still haven't done "select" because I have been pleased with my results at B&N.

Hopefully, as the new Nook Tablets and E-Readers are unwrapped and put to use everyone's sales numbers will improve.  And I think we shouldn't abandon B&N because a healthy marketplace is the only way to keep the e-reading industry growing.

Frequent Contributor
SF50
0 Kudos

Magraham:
You know, I saw a nice pop in sales around Black Friday and a week+ after that. I'm somewhat excited to see how they react in the week or so after Christmas.

magraham wrote:

Hopefully, as the new Nook Tablets and E-Readers are unwrapped and put to use everyone's sales numbers will improve.  And I think we shouldn't abandon B&N because a healthy marketplace is the only way to keep the e-reading industry growing.

EJ3
New User
EJ3
0 Kudos

My sales are not so good but I remain an optimist that people will be getting Nooks for christmas and am hoping that people are interested in there health and over all since of well being. To tell the truth I had a few sales when the book was new on the list but not many maybe 10 sales it was a lot of work for 10 sales. I have had ZERO sales in the last 3 months and have lowered my price to .99 cents in hopes that people will try it out and really give it some recognition I will not be holding this price long no matter if there are ZERO sales or not HGH Production Naturally: Journey to the fountain of youth will do all right because the results will eventually speak and word of mouth will cause it to become more popular over time. I am not so worried about this but I will say this:

I have never advertised my book at all anywhere that makes it tuff from the get go but I will remain in good spirits and maintain my positive outlook.

I think the tuff part for me is the results for what I have wrote are not instantaneous... So people tend to forget about there purchase if they do not get around to following through with the information. I have however been lucky to have a few good feedbacks from customers oddly though others have not followed suit in leaving any feedback.

What can I say I am an average guy in his 30's this is my first book that I have wrote and a lot of the information that I have collected and used in this book was out of curiousity and personal expirence. So HGH Production naturally was a 1 time venture for me.

But I see a strong want for fiction novels and am working on it as I believe and others believe that the ideas that I have for fictional novels will be above par. You have to put faith in yourself anyone who does that has the ability to shine. In this system the more you dedicate the better your potential it may mean sleepless nights or for me sleeping less and getting up for the normal 40+ hour per week job but it will not happen if you wing it and it will not happen without a good faith effort. I myself did write my book and took the photography for my cover and designed it everything done was my own effort. I did have help in some areas such as proofreading and information from a certified dietition and personal trainer.

I wish all of you putting in effort good luck on your journey and feel positive that HGH Production Naturally Journey To The Foutain of Youth will come around.

Give it time look folks I have had zero sales in 3 months I've even put my book on sale at 1/3 of the price .99cents it did nothing I think we all just need to keep good faith and be rational here. It goes back to the good old saying "If you build it they will come." Keep up the good work ladies and gents and remember stay positive!:smileyhappy:

Frequent Contributor
MartiTalbott
0 Kudos

No sales for two days. Weekend sales were good, but now nothing. I don't get it. Is something wrong with the sales reporting? I hope.

Marti Talbott's Highlander Series 1 (Anna, Rachel & Charlet)  

Contributor
magraham
0 Kudos

Marti -

I had a few yesterday but not a thing today.  I wonder about the reporting too --

Contributor
mrufo
0 Kudos

I have noticed a sharp decline in sales starting in November.  I have almost twenty ebooks up on Nook and until this time they sold on a fairly regular basis.  Now, all of a sudden, the bottom has just dropped out.  It seems odd to me.  I should also add that the same ebooks at Amazon have continued to sell as always.  I wonder if there is a problem with B&N that they are not telling us publishers.

New User
FayeFish65
0 Kudos

I echo that question but Pubit feels they have already answered it and doubtful they will add anything to it.

Frequent Contributor
raines
0 Kudos

Yeah, sales are still rather slow. I am with you guys in hoping something is wrong with reporting but, I have to say I have my doubts...I sure hope sales get better after Christmas when everyone get their new nooks!

Frequent Contributor
darthreader
0 Kudos

My sales are down from last year.  Amazingly, last year I had only a third as many books for sale.  I noticed that many of my books don't have free samples and a couple of customers  complained that they couldn't download stuff into their nooks.  These kinds of problems certainly can be deal killers for many consumers. 

Reader
Toneberry
0 Kudos

I have sold one copy, and it was to my father.

Correspondent
Strayer
0 Kudos

Toneberry, I'd say thanks Dad. A friend bought mine.
Frequent Contributor
darthreader
0 Kudos

My sales are the same as last year's.  The only problem is I have a lot more books for sale, so technically my sales are down too. 

New User
LoriLynnLP
0 Kudos

My sales have been dismal at best through pubit since April 2011. I listed 2 with KDP Select and have been blown away by the response. Waiting to see what payment is before setting up more. Anything is better than nothing thru pubit.

Contributor
LaStade
0 Kudos

What type of books do you have?  Have you promoted them?  I really think that is the key to sales.  I sell to a niche market and promote on twitter, facebook and other sites that have to do with my niche.  That is why you always see famous authors on book tours, they have to get the word out about their new book.  Find your market and talk to them about your book.

http://www.barnesandnoble.com/c/lori-stade
Frequent Contributor
Angela_Beegle
0 Kudos

I'm pleased with my sales. Listening to some of you talk, I think you'd probably laugh at my numbers, but I was thrilled beyond words when I sold 50 copies of my 2 books combined in December. This month, so far, I have sold 23. And yes, I'm thrilled.

My sales numbers look like this: 

MonthAmazonB&NSmashwords
June
July
August
Sept
Oct
Nov
Dec
Jan (to date)

Say what you want, but B&N is beating the pants off Amazon, AND I'm promoting them equally via my author website and twitter. One odd thing however is that the sales here come in bursts. There was a thread about this recently, and it's holding true for me still. I'll have zero sales for days, and then BOOM, 3 or 4 all in the course of an hour. The other day it was 8 all at once.  My husband says there's some sort of queueing issue going on, such that sales are not being reported in real time but are being saved up and then dumped onto one's accounting sheet.  As long as they all show up (how would I know if they weren't?) that doesn't bother me. So there you go.

Frequent Contributor
raines
0 Kudos

I think your husband is right about the sales being held and then coming all at once.   Some times I'll have 3 sales one day and the next day 30.  My sales on Amazon are about 75 a day where as I said everyday is different with Barnes and Noble.  I mostly sell erotic romances although I have a couple kids and a couple self help neither of which compares to the romances.