Contributor
annabell23lee
0 Kudos

incorrect monthly sales reports updated with more sales

[ Edited ]

When I checked today, all my monthly sales reports going back to late last year had been updated, and more sales have been added. But I wasn't paid for those extra sales. Has anyone else had this happen?

Frequent Contributor
TomRichardson
0 Kudos

Re: incorrect monthly sales reports updated with more sales

[ Edited ]

I presume that if you have belatedly been credited with more sales, that B&N will pay you for them ... eventually.

Be patient. The Ebooks operation over at B&N is being run entirely by Lucy and Ethyl, by themselves (with the Keystone Kops helping out from time to time), and they're overwhelmed over there.

Contributor
annabell23lee
0 Kudos

If they don't start reporting sales correctly and paying people the correct amount of money they are due, Lucy and Ethyl might find they have a class action lawsuit on their hands. Monthly reports from November 2012 are updated in November 2013 with correct number of books sold, but money owed hasn't been paid for a year? What a joke!

Frequent Contributor
TomRichardson
0 Kudos

Do what I do -- I tell my Facebook friends that I don't buy anything from B&N anymore, either brick-and-mortar or online, and I tell them why. Sooner or later, B&N will be the subject of a "we hear from well-placed sources that B&N is in trouble" news report, and THEN B&N will fix things.

I picture whoever as being in charge of B&N's ebook website as an eighty-year-old-old man who, when he's not chasing neighbor kids off his lawn, is muttering to his understaffed workforce about "ebooks are just a newfangled fad," and so there is no reason for B&N to waste a lot of money on such an operation.

However, if Nook Press gets sold off, I hope it's not to Microsoft. Microsoft never fixes anything either.