Contributor
JamesBlond007
0 Kudos

"We are Experiencing Technical Difficulties please try again later..."

Now that my final version of Dark Siege is ready to post for sale, I keep trying and keep getting the error message about.  Why is there no phone support to call?  All I can do is email support, which I did.

If anyone has any information that would help me, that would be great.

Thank you.

Jason

Contributor
hippiechick7897LG
0 Kudos

Re: "We are Experiencing Technical Difficulties please try again later..."

I had the same issue yesterday. I logged out and back in. That corrected the issue.
Fans of the romance the genre can check out my works here:
http://www.barnesandnoble.com/c/lisa-groves
New User
MollyMD
0 Kudos

Still having the problem. I'm a book designer and the client wanted a small change. I reuploaded a new cover and Interior. All went through fine until the "save and post" That's when I get the "technical difficulties" message. It's been two days. I have logged out and logged in several times. 

Any suggestions?

New User
Jen31DR
0 Kudos

I am having the same issue and all that could be done was to email them!! Grrr! I was hoping to find some answers here. Guess not! This is really frustrating! Sick of seeing the "We are having technical difficulties. Please try again later"

New User
Jen31DR
0 Kudos

I just found a customer service # It is:
1-800-843-2665
When I called they said they were unaware there was a problem, but they would report my call. Maybe if more people call, they will fix it faster. How could they not know there was a problem?
New User
madecool
0 Kudos

I got  the same error messages and had the same problem trying to upload my book using windows vista computer. So I logged into my account with my XP computer and I seen that it said 2 of my books where being processed.

There something wrong because first I get a error message. Which means it did not do anything. Now in my other computer when I check is is different. It says there are 2 title to being processed. So I did not try to upload my book again. Now i don't know what is happening.

Contributor
PatMH
0 Kudos

Greetings,

Add me to the list of folks who have been stymied by this problem. I tried to publish my first book with B&N yesterday and everything seemed to go well until I clicked on the final button to publish it. Then the aforementioned "Technical Difficulties" message appeared.

When I returned to my book list, it indicated that the status of my book is "processing".

So, I'm in limbo—as long as my book is being "processed", I can't select it to "edit" or "delete" it.

I uploaded my book as a ready-to-use ePub file that had been fully validated and tested and found to have zero errors of any kind. The ePub file size was about 1.2 MB. Once uploaded, I checked it with the online preview and it looked okay.

I also experienced no trouble uploading a large cover image for marketing and the thumbnail that B&N produced looked okay.

I sincerely hope that B&N fixes this problem quickly. This is my first experience with them and it is discouraging. I've uploaded and edited a couple of books for the Kindle at Amazon and have never had a single problem like this.

Warm regards, Pat

Frequent Contributor
TSCerys
0 Kudos

That's what always happens after you upload a book(the "In Processing" thing).  For B&N and Amazon you can't edit details while a book is processing.  It -should- be done within a day, but sometimes it can take longer depending.

The part at the end where it says there's technical difficulties is a recent thing, but as far as I know it doesn't actually mean anything.  I uploaded a new book on Thursday and had the same thing happen to me, and the book was up and available for sale(with no screw ups) in about 8 hours.  

Contributor
PatMH

[ Edited ]

UPDATE:

My book is now available for sale. I guess the "Technical Difficulties" message did not mean that there had been a problem with my book. Rather it must have meant that there was a problem with PubIt's website and its inability to deliver the next webpage.

After reading some of the horror stories here of authors waiting weeks for their books to emerge from "processing" and finally become available for sale, I was fearful that the same thing had happened to me because of PubIt's error message.

Thankfully my fears were unfounded. I estimate that it took from 11-12 hours from the time I clicked the Publish button on the website until the book was available for sale and indicated "On Sale" in my book list. I'm encouraged by this and hope that it is an indication that things are generally improving at B&N.

Incidentally, the same process with the same book took about 8 hours at Amazon KDP.

If anyone is interested, you can find my book, the first of a series of chronicles, under my author name: Pat Harris. You'll recognize it by the big blue dragon eye on the cover.

I appreciate the help that my husband, David, received here when he searched for an answer as to the problems he experienced with our large html file. He posted his solution earlier today in case anyone else runs into a similar problem.

Warm regards, Pat