Frequent Contributor
226press
0 Kudos

submitted book processing for more than 72 hours

I submitted my first book on Saturday.

It previewed fine, it looks fine on the Nook for PC.

I hit the publish button.

It's been in Processing state ever since.

It's now Thursday morning. 72 hours would have been Tuesday.

I have no error messages or emails or anything to indicate that there's a problem.

What do I do next?

New User
NYCity-reader
0 Kudos

Re: submitted book processing for more than 72 hours

It has now been nine days since we successfully uploaded three titles on Nookbooks and so far our page/account simply says: "Still Processing." Why is it taking so long?

Frequent Contributor
226press
0 Kudos

Day 7 - no change.  Other threads report similar problems from October and November, some books going through and some not for the same author.

This process is clearly not as automated as it should be.

Contributor
MMad
0 Kudos

I am with you on this-frustrating process.

New User
Gallifrey
0 Kudos

Has anybody gotten any help with this?  I've been waiting a week now, too.

Frequent Contributor
2ndhandstory
0 Kudos

I put up a new one last night, its already live.  Is the action button on the side locked?

Frequent Contributor
226press
0 Kudos

There is no action button on the books that are processing.  Otherwise I would delete it and start over.

Reader
jtorrence
0 Kudos

Same problem here. It's been almost 10 days for my title. I sent an e-mail to the customer service today, hopefully, I will get an update on the "processing".

Reader
reneel
0 Kudos

Mine took 10 days!! Finally went on sale today, But actually nobody can see it till after midnight tonight!

Frequent Contributor
226press
0 Kudos

I got an email from support that the delays were in account verification.  I now have 3 books in processing state.

Frequent Contributor
226press
0 Kudos

On Friday (two weeks after opening the account) I got an email from pubit noting that I had opened an account.  Books are still processing.

Frequent Contributor
226press
0 Kudos

17 days and counting.  3 books in processing state.

Contributor
A_R_Wallace
0 Kudos

The first thing they should do is change their wording to:

"Processing of your book could take two weeks and occasionally longer."

Would we still submit and wait? Yes.

Would we then be happy when it only took five days? Quite.

Managing expectations is part of good politics.

Digital Donna's Book Cover Art
Frequent Contributor
226press
0 Kudos

Just to add to the insanity, the book I uploaded on Sunday afternoon was available for sale on Monday morning.  Meanwhile the first three have been pending for up to 22 days.

If none of them have gone live by tomorrow I'm going to try one of them again, and then sort out the duplicate when and if the problem resolves itself.

New User
ID_Powers
0 Kudos

so far I am looking at two months and still stuck in "processing" i called the pubit registration number,  1-866-597-9863 number, the account was stuck in the IRS , the addresses were off,  they have to manually resubmit if your account is kicked out of the system. the email address I was given is pubitbusiness@book.com none of this information is on the "help/ support" text they issue. my kindle books are loaded via amazon, the paper backs are loaded on B&N but the nook seems to have "issues". I hope they fix this soon, two months is .. annoying?

Frequent Contributor
226press
0 Kudos

I have two books live now, both within 24 hours, and just added a third.

Fortunately I had some isbn numbers to spare, because the three I originally uploaded are still in processing state, but the isbn numbers are locked and can't be reused on pubit, so I'll use them somewhere else.

If I had to guess it's that there was no allowance for account verification taking longer than upload and sell, and the books that were loaded before the verification are permanently stuck in processing limbo.  But with computers, anything is possible.

New User
scribeG
0 Kudos

Was this resolved?  Mine is still in processing after 7 days.  I have not seen where any mention has been posted about resolution of this.

Frequent Contributor
226press
0 Kudos

Today the three books I submitted at the beginning of January went live, but of course in the meantime I'd given up and reloaded them, so today there were two copies of each of my first three books for sale.  I tried to accurately identify which were the original ones and take them off sale.  We'll see what happens.

New User
MerytonPress
0 Kudos

I've got five titles uploaded at the beginning of January that STILL aren't live. 

Kindle versions of the same book went live on Amazon within 72 hours.  

If we hadn't had specific requests to have our titles in Nook format, I sure wouldn't be wasting my time with Barnes and Noble.   Clearly, there is something wrong with their eBook business Model.   

If as some folks above have stated this is a problem with Account Verification, it sure would be nice if they sent at least some kind of automated notice saying that they were having a problem processing my account and giving some kind of contact information for who to call to straighten things out.

Reader 2
GretchenGalway
0 Kudos

I was also having a 5 day delay on seeing my first book appear through PubIt on 1/31/11. I read this thread and got the idea to upload it again (on 2/5/11). (I did use a slightly different title, one with a genre hook in parenthesis.)

The version that I uploaded on 2/5 went on sale right away, on 2/6, but the original one was still in limbo for at least another day or two.

I figured it was/is some kind of bug in the system, possibly related to setting up your account the same day you upload your first book.

When I had duplicate versions live at the same time, I just went into actions and took one of them "off sale."

Still haven't sold any, but at least they're visible now on bn.com. Since the support from bn is limited, I thought I'd share my experience in case it worked for other authors.