New User
DLBarnett
0 Kudos

Adobe ID Problem?

Hi, all,

I just talked with B&N Customer Support, and I found that your Adobe ID and the NOOKstudy login need to be the same. Rather than deregister existing Adobe products (such as the Adobe Digital Editions software), one can create a new B&N account using the email address of the Adobe ID and the same password.

I just tried this and it worked fine.

However, I'm not sure whether the ebooks I've purchased through the B&N iPad software is available for download to NOOKstudy. Anyone know? If so, how can those books be accessed on my PC (Windows 7)?

Cheerily,

Dan Barnett

Butte College

Jeanne_Belin
0 Kudos

Re: Adobe ID Problem?

While that is certainly an option, you DO have the ability to link your existing BN account to your existing Adobe account - even if they are different. 

At the bottom of the Create Account or Sign In form, you'll see a link to 'Click here'.  That link gives you the option to enter your Adobe account. 

Additionally, you'll be able to view the eBooks you purchased through the B&N iPad software ONLY IF it is the SAME log in information (username/password) as for the NOOKstudy application.  

At this point, in order to view the books you already bought, you'll need to "de-register the application" (by selecting Settings from within NOOKstudy). Then you'll need to uninstall NOOKstudy.You'll need to reinstall NOOKstudy using the SAME log in information that you used for the iPad application.

Apologies for any confusion.

New User
powerdrac
0 Kudos

I have followed both steps in this thread, however even after clicking to De-Register Application and restarting the application, I am only prompted for my BN username/password.

I have even set both of them to be the same e-mail and password, yet the NookStudy app still is only showing a type-o in the username field.

I am perplexed why this field can not be edited from within the application.  That aspect makes no sense.

I am using a Mac (OS 10.6.4) and have even deleted the assosicated com files, within the Library/Preferences, as well as the Application itself.

I have successfully changed my BN username/password, but the initial type-o is all that shows in the Adobe ID field(s).

I tried the Create Account after re-installing the Application, but was prompted that my BN username was taken, but did get a nice green checkmark next to the Adobe ID I entered, but this error forced me to not be able to proceed.

Suggestion?

Tanuja_Gupta
0 Kudos

Unfortunately, we had a defect in the last version that caused this issue intermittently. 

We have a new version that fixes the account creation issues on the Mac application.  Please visit http://www.nookstudy.com/download and download the latest version (1.0.0fc1800).  (The auto-update will propagate later tonight, but if you want to jump ahead, you can download it yourself now.)

Thank you so much for your patience - we really appreciate it.

Frequent Contributor
ResilientPhoenix
0 Kudos

Jeanne_Belin wrote:

At the bottom of the Create Account or Sign In form, you'll see a link to 'Click here'.  That link gives you the option to enter your Adobe account. 

I just downloaded Nookstudy but I have adobe on my computer under a different email address. I used the address connected to my Nook which is different from my adobe email. I tried to find the link that said click here but its not there. Can you help? I'd rather not have two different accounts since my books will not be available on both.

Top Kudoed Authors
Users Online
Currently online:50 members 611 guests
Please welcome our newest community members: