New User
DLBarnett

Evaluation Copies? Desk Copies?

Hi, all,

I know that at least some of the digital textbooks offered through B&N have a one-week free review provision, but I have several related questions.

1. For digital textbooks without a 7-day free trial, is there any way to get a "key" from the publisher to provide it for evaluation of new textbooks?

2. If a digital textbook is required or recommended for a course, is there a way to get a "key" from the publisher to obtain a free or low cost desk copy?

Thanks for any help!

Cheerily,

Dan Barnett

Butte College

Jeanne_Belin

Re: Evaluation Copies? Desk Copies?

Hi Dan,

We understand how important it is for faculty to receive evaluation / desk copies of textbooks in order to make adoption decisions. 

We are in process of making this happen. As soon as I can provide more details, I will.

~Jeanne

Frequent Contributor
edUcateMS

I tried tackling this from the publisher's side.  

My book rep did not know very much about the NOOKstudy version of the ebook, but she is willing to find out more information and get back to me about it.

In the meantime, she did provide me access to the publisher's version of the etextbook (not sure about the file format) to use in classes.  Unfortunately, the publisher's version is only downloadable to one computer, so I guess I'll need to download it to my laptop instead of my office computer.  

Jeanne_Belin
0 Kudos

Hi.  If you'd like, you could give your book rep my name and I could provide her with additional knowledge.

Jeanne_Belin
0 Kudos

Barnes & Noble is currently working on creating a solution for publishers to be able to distribute digital copies of their Textbooks to professors for evaluation or desk copy purposes. However, at this time, we are not yet set up to distribute “keys” from publishers. Please contact the publishers of your books to let them know that you would like to receive comp/desk copies of their titles in NOOKstudy format. 

Distinguished Wordsmith
Froide
0 Kudos

Is it possible to download it, instead, to a USB flash drive so one can access the ebook on whatever computer one happens to be using?

Outside of a dog, a book is man's best friend. Inside of a dog, it's too dark to read. ~Groucho Marx
Top Kudoed Authors
Users Online
Currently online:18 members 338 guests
Please welcome our newest community members: