Reader 4
dmmay
0 Kudos

Moodle and NookStudy

I know NookStudy will connect with Blackboard but are there plans for it to work also with Moodle?  I find that many smaller schools (those with less financial means) utilize Moodle versus Blackboard.

David

Tanuja_Gupta
0 Kudos

Re: Moodle and NookStudy

Hi David - we are indeed exploring this possibility.  If you have a few moments, we'd love to hear how you envision such an integration.  How do you use Moodle?  What would you like to see in the near future?  Long term?

Thanks,

Tanuja

Contributor
Brownster

We use Moodle at our University as well. I have just started transfering my handouts, etc for the the class to my class. I would love to use NookStudy as my textbook is available and cheaper than buying hardcopies. I think my students would like that.

I could see using NookStudy with Moodle in the announcements, forums, chats and creating handouts by being able to copy and paste some content but mostly page #'s and titles in these areas.

I have just started using NookStudy and Moodle, so I'm exploring both. I am waiting on the publisher to provide me with a desk copy of my textbook in NookStudy format. Hope it happens with the next two weeks before classes start.

I could see using my notes, outlines, multimedia clips, etc via projection in the classroom. I have used PowerPoint with embedded media clips in the past.

I am not familiar with Blackboard as I have not used it.

Looking forward to using new technology in the classroom.

Jim

Tanuja_Gupta

Thank you so much for the detailed feedback.  Stay tuned as we expand the integration capabilities of NOOKstudy!

Contributor
Brownster

[ Edited ]

Thanks for listening :smileyhappy:

I just uploaded files provided by the publisher of the textbook I am using. I can think of one really great use of NOOKstudy and Moodle. I would love to be able to create handouts, outlines and study guides within NookStudy then upload them to my Moodle class. It might take some exporting and importing, but it would be cool to create study aids in NookStudy that could be uploaded to Moodle.

And I have offically posted the options for obtaining textbooks... 3 were given.. one being B&N NookStudy. I am hoping that the publisher will give me a deskcopy of my textbook for NookStudy before classes start up in 2 weeks.

Looking forward to a NookStudy update!

Jim

Tanuja_Gupta
0 Kudos

Thanks for contributing!  And it's fantastic to hear that NOOKstudy will be offered to students as an option this semester!

I think what you describe is exactly what we're looking for - a nimble push and pull between various Learning Management Systems and NOOKstudy.  Keep the great ideas coming!

Correspondent
katworley
0 Kudos

If this is something being worked on with various course management systems, don't leave out Desire2Learn... we switched to it a couple of years ago and I'd like to see it integrated with NookStudy as well.

History: Special people, in special places, at special times
Anthropology: everyone else the rest of the time...
Top Kudoed Authors
Users Online
Currently online:52 members 491 guests
Please welcome our newest community members: