09-14-2010 10:01 AM
Thanks for all your great feedback this last month! We’ve had a tremendous response and are incorporating your needs/ideas into our upcoming versions. 1.1 offers the new features listed below and resolution on multiple bugs from the previous version. Best of luck in your studies, and stay tuned for more updates throughout the semester!
- Two Non-Consecutive Page View – Instead of always flipping between practice problems on one page, and answers in the back of the book, NOOKstudy lets you view two non-consecutive pages at the same time. The ‘Two Book View’ icon in the Reader Controls bar now has the option to view another page from the SAME book or a different book.
- Thumbnails on Imported Documents – Any files you add manually have an icon called ‘My Stuff’. Now the system displays the actual thumbnail image of the imported document.
- Ability to Import Multiple Documents by Drag-n-Drop – Need to import a bunch of documents at once? Just drag and drop them all to the Library and we’ll import them in one fell swoop for you.
- eNewspapers & eMagazines – We heard how many of you use newspapers and magazine journals for your studies, so now you can read current and back issues in NOOKstudy. Mark up relevant articles for a course and save them for an in-class discussion!
- Show Filter by Document Type – As your library grows with new titles and various types of books, you’ll need a way to filter out the various types of content. Use the ‘Show’ sort options to help with this.
- Find Icon in Reading View – You can currently find a term in a book by using the CTRL or CMD + F keys. We’ve also added magnifying glass icon/button in the Reading View that triggers the same Find box. This icon is located in the top right of your reading view (next to the Table of Contents and My Notes).
- Export Notes – You’ve made all these notes and now you need to email them to a friend or print them out for class. No problem. NOOKstudy now gives you the ability to Export your notes to a Word or Text file. To access this option, just click on the ‘My Notes’ icon in the reading view of a book. You’ll see a new ‘Export Notes’ button.
- Web Links on Notes – We’ve made it even easier to access the links that you attach to your notes. Now when you click on a link previously added to a note, it will open in a browser.
- Create Link – Professors, we heard you say you want to post a link on your Blackboard page directly to a specific page in the book. Students, we heard you saying you need to IM your fellow study group members a link to a diagram that really helps you understand what you just learned in class. NOOKstudy now has the option to create a link to a document. Select the area of the page you want to share and release – a menu appears where you can click the ‘Create Link to Selection’ option. Now you have a link stored to your clipboard that will direct anyone who has this content directly to this page! Want to share the whole page? Click the ‘Create Link to Page’ button in the Reader Controls menu.
- Book Info Page Updates – The Book Info page has a new button to link to your online eBooks Library to manage rentals, trials and subscriptions.
These are specific bugs that we’ve fixed from version 1.1:
- All bugs identified below in Bugs section of Version 1.0
- Intermittent application crashes when user switches from regular to enhanced has been fixed
- Added ‘Other’ and ‘International’ to list of schools
- All known eTextbooks that cause application to crash have been fixed
- Fixed scenario where hitting SHIFT+LEFT CLICK in reading book made book disappear
- While the application was closed on sync, an error message used to appear
- Zoom selection saved when app re-opens
- Undo and Redo hot keys fixed
09-23-2010 05:58 PM
Latest version available now is 18.104.22.16848. Click the i in the upper right and then About NOOKstudy to see what version you have. Click Check for Updates to make sure you have the latest.