Since 1997, you’ve been coming to BarnesandNoble.com to discuss everything from Stephen King to writing to Harry Potter. You’ve made our site more than a place to discover your next book: you’ve made it a community. But like all things internet, BN.com is growing and changing. We've said goodbye to our community message boards—but that doesn’t mean we won’t still be a place for adventurous readers to connect and discover.

Now, you can explore the most exciting new titles (and remember the classics) at the Barnes & Noble Book Blog. Check out conversations with authors like Jeff VanderMeer and Gary Shteyngart at the B&N Review, and browse write-ups of the best in literary fiction. Come to our Facebook page to weigh in on what it means to be a book nerd. Browse digital deals on the NOOK blog, tweet about books with us,or self-publish your latest novella with NOOK Press. And for those of you looking for support for your NOOK, the NOOK Support Forums will still be here.

We will continue to provide you with books that make you turn pages well past midnight, discover new worlds, and reunite with old friends. And we hope that you’ll continue to tell us how you’re doing, what you’re reading, and what books mean to you.

New User
TowedJumper
0 Kudos

1017 Error Message

[ Edited ]

I originally got intestested in the nook Study software because I own a nook device and wanted to see how some technical manuals looked in the software.  I have already installed the Nook for PC software on my laptop and it works fine.  I just installed the Nookstudy software and when I punch in my information I get an error 1017 message saying it can't create my account.  Has anyone seen the message before?  More importantly to me, has anybody found any kind of fix for the error?

EDIT:  Yes, I saw the message that closely resembles this one but there wasn't any stated fix.

New User
audraelizabeth
0 Kudos

Re: 1017 Error Message

I am having the same error. Maybe it is on their end.

New User
pharmtech61554
0 Kudos

i havent got that message mine says try later having tech difficulties ! when I called the 800 # he said to unistall and reinstall and fet up a digital adobe acct - which i did and im still getting that error message - it's on a etextbook - if you or anyone else can help please let me know !!!

Contributor
rlozier
0 Kudos

1017 here, lots of ongoing problems again, most are problems that have occured in the past. Plus nook just locked up on the start screen, items and details selection have remained grayed out for days. Maybe it's time to get my 3rd replacment, sure glad I have 6 other eReaders.