New User
Eachday
0 Kudos

7-day free trial for eTextbooks

So, on the download screen for Nookstudy, it isaid I'd be able to get a 7-day free trial on my etextbooks. This would be especialy helpful considering that I, as well as most students, won't have book money until later this month due to Financial Aid, and I'd still like to check out what Nookstudy can do. How do I get this?

Contributor
Diane0017
0 Kudos

Re: 7-day free trial for eTextbooks

Great question. I'm in the same situation. BUMP for an answer!

Frequent Contributor
Petuniabishco
0 Kudos

You can download NOOKstudy and play around with it without downloading textbooks.  If you want a free trial of a random textbook just to see what it's like, just find an etextbook and there should be a link for a 7 day trial.  Same with the textbooks you need...if they're available, there should be a link.

Frequent Contributor
edUcateMS
0 Kudos

The way I've been finding my etextbooks is to search for the textbook for your class using the search function in BN's textbook area of the website.    after you find the textbook, there will be listed a couple of different versions of the text like: NEW, USED, RENTAL, and eTEXTBOOK.

If you see eTEXTBOOK, then an ebook version is available.   After you click on the textbook to open its page, you shouldbe able to find the etextbook version.   Next to "buy now" or "rent now" button, there will be a link that says "Free 7 day Trial.  Get it now!".  Click on that link to get the trial version. 

New User
Lroseboro
0 Kudos

I have done this but when i download the book I get a error message saying try again later "Download via authentication: error 2 code 2095

New User
eduCA
0 Kudos

So what happens after the 7 day trial?

Are we suppose to cancel before the 7 day trial to avoid a fee & how do we cancel?

Thanks

Administrator
BN_Erin
0 Kudos

Hi,

There is no need to cancel the 7-day Free Trial.  Once the 7 Day Free Trial is up you will be asked if you want to purchase/rent that book.  If you choose you do not want to purchase/rent, nothing will happen you will just not be able to view your Free Trial anymore. 

I hope this answered your question.

Thanks,
Erin