Since 1997, you’ve been coming to BarnesandNoble.com to discuss everything from Stephen King to writing to Harry Potter. You’ve made our site more than a place to discover your next book: you’ve made it a community. But like all things internet, BN.com is growing and changing. We've said goodbye to our community message boards—but that doesn’t mean we won’t still be a place for adventurous readers to connect and discover.

Now, you can explore the most exciting new titles (and remember the classics) at the Barnes & Noble Book Blog. Check out conversations with authors like Jeff VanderMeer and Gary Shteyngart at the B&N Review, and browse write-ups of the best in literary fiction. Come to our Facebook page to weigh in on what it means to be a book nerd. Browse digital deals on the NOOK blog, tweet about books with us,or self-publish your latest novella with NOOK Press. And for those of you looking for support for your NOOK, the NOOK Support Forums will still be here.

We will continue to provide you with books that make you turn pages well past midnight, discover new worlds, and reunite with old friends. And we hope that you’ll continue to tell us how you’re doing, what you’re reading, and what books mean to you.

Reader
ckaren426
0 Kudos

APPCRASH

I have been able to use nookStudy until about a week ago. I am unable to complete log in now . The app hangs for awhile and then I get a message that it has encountered a problem and must close. Occasionally I get the following error details : 

Problem Event Name : Appcrash

Application Name : NOOKstudy.exe

Version : 1.0.0.2192

Fault Module Name : ntdll.dll

Fault Module Version : 6.1.7600.16559

Fault module Timestamp : 4ba9b29c

Exception Code : c0000005

Exception Offset : 000222f3

OS Version : 6.1.7600.2.0.0.256.48

Locale ID : 1033

I have uninstalled/re-installed nookStudy at least 7 times.I made sure my Adobe was up to date. I have virus scanned, etc. I called tech support Sunday nite, and after about an hour, it was decided the problem was my computer. I am having the same problem with nook for PC ( error message 010) .I emailed tech support, who told me to uninstall/re-install, even though I was clear I had done that. The next suggestion was call tech support ! ( Did that too, hello ?)  I have been able to download Borders' eReader, and it works just fine. I installed nook on my HTC Evo - and it works fine. 

I love my nook. I was loving nookStudy - I even downloaded a textbook last week - then it stopped working :smileysad:  The eTextbook was about $60 by the way.

I know someone has to have an answer.

Problem Event Name: APPCRASH
Application Name: NOOKstudy.exe
Application Version: 1.0.0.2192
Application Timestamp: 4c5700bf
Fault Module Name: ntdll.dll
Fault Module Version: 6.1.7600.16559
Fault Module Timestamp: 4ba9b29c
Exception Code: c0000005
Exception Offset: 000222f3
OS Version: 6.1.7600.2.0.0.256.48
Locale ID: 1033
Additional Information 1: 068b
Additional Information 2: 068b15cf00459f6b2f8b0e859a9e3dc0
Additional Information 3: cd22
Additional Information 4: cd226daa4ff092db7ddcd3f6023ff5be
Tanuja_Gupta
0 Kudos

Re: APPCRASH

We are so sorry we haven't been able to address this issue for you yet.  I've passed this to our Product Team and we'd like to schedule a conference call with you to understand the full issue.  Do you mind emailing me privately with some times that work for you?  We are determined to get to the bottom of this.

Thanks again for your patience!

New User
kaseylouwho
0 Kudos

Is there a resolution yet? I have been getting this error for about 3 weeks.. Only on the updated Nook app though.. I reinstalled the older version and it works fine. Someone please help! I really liked the Nook Study!!

New User
kaseylouwho
0 Kudos

never mind about the old version working on my computer.. It's not working.. But I am able to get into my online library with my blackberry now!

Reader
ckaren426
0 Kudos

No follow up from B&N yet :smileysad: Still not working .......

New User
kaseylouwho
0 Kudos

me either.. just got off the phone with tech support.. they say they have NO records of this error at all.. I'm confused... this sucks. :smileymad:

Reader
ckaren426
0 Kudos

I know. I'm out $$ for an eTextbook too. Had to buy the hard cover book. I am SOOOO disappointed.

dddpppmmm
0 Kudos

Make sure you have upgraded to the most current version 1.01.  The version you had noted is older than what is available.

Reader
ckaren426
0 Kudos

When I delete the old version ( which I have done multiple times) and download again, doesn't it automatically download the new version ? I can't get any version I've downloaded to open beyond the sign in screen. That is where it "hangs" and after a few minutes gives me error messages that the application has to close, 

Scribe
lkmiller
0 Kudos

dddpppmmm,

I have version 1.0.0.2192.  When I click "check for updates", it says none are available.  I tried uninstalling, downloading again from the website, and reinstalling.  It is still the old version.  The new version doesn't actually seem to be available to us yet.

New User
NPG318
0 Kudos

Hello,

I am having an issue connecting with my nook as well. I haven't been able to sign into my account. After uninstalling and reinstalling I keep getting an error code # 010.

New User
powermatt
0 Kudos

Not being able to sign in seems to be a growing problem. I'm having the same issue with a crash shortly after trying to sign in. My crash report looks nearly identical to the one above, except it says something like KERNELBASE.dll.