Since 1997, you’ve been coming to BarnesandNoble.com to discuss everything from Stephen King to writing to Harry Potter. You’ve made our site more than a place to discover your next book: you’ve made it a community. But like all things internet, BN.com is growing and changing. We've said goodbye to our community message boards—but that doesn’t mean we won’t still be a place for adventurous readers to connect and discover.

Now, you can explore the most exciting new titles (and remember the classics) at the Barnes & Noble Book Blog. Check out conversations with authors like Jeff VanderMeer and Gary Shteyngart at the B&N Review, and browse write-ups of the best in literary fiction. Come to our Facebook page to weigh in on what it means to be a book nerd. Browse digital deals on the NOOK blog, tweet about books with us,or self-publish your latest novella with NOOK Press. And for those of you looking for support for your NOOK, the NOOK Support Forums will still be here.

We will continue to provide you with books that make you turn pages well past midnight, discover new worlds, and reunite with old friends. And we hope that you’ll continue to tell us how you’re doing, what you’re reading, and what books mean to you.

Reader
Berndt_127
0 Kudos

Application Error at Start Up

I've been trying to run Nook Study on my laptop and desktop. My desktop runs on Windows 7 and installed Nook Study without a problem, but I've been unable to open the application on my laptop, which runs on Vista SP2. Everytime I launch Nook Study it automatically crashes and gives me an error that says, "The application has failed to initialize properly (0xc150002). Click OK to terminate the application."  I've tried uninstalling and reinstalling, but nothing seems to work. I've even tried selecting run as administrator and setting compatibility to XP SP2, still nothing. This is fairly frustrating, as I'd like to be able to actually take the textbook I downloaded with me to class, so is there anything that I can do that I missed?

Administrator
BN_Erin
0 Kudos

Re: Application Error at Start Up

Hi,

Is your laptop is 32 bit or 64 bit?

Thanks,
Erin

Reader
Berndt_127
0 Kudos

32bit

Reader
Berndt_127
0 Kudos

Is there anything I can do?

Administrator
BN_Erin
0 Kudos

Hi,

Have you run all your window updates? 

Please click on the link below to update:

http://www.update.microsoft.com

This should fix your issue.  Please let me know if you are still having problems.

Thanks,

Erin

New User
ZeroGirl
0 Kudos

did you ever find a solution?  I am having the exact same problem