New User
lewTX
0 Kudos

Re: Can't Print to NOOKstudy

It acts like it prints then I get and "Add Item" dialog box that says there was an error and "The book you're trying to open is not in your was not found on B&N.com"  Actually the part in quotes is verbatum.  Does'nt make sense or a sentance but that is what it says and it never shows in Nook Study.  Are they just ignoring the issue?  From the posts it has been not working for a long time.

New User
lewTX
0 Kudos

Guess B&N really doesn't care about this problem.  Shame!

New User
sam3wife
0 Kudos

I had the same problem in January 2012.  'Was on the phone forever trying to explain the issue.  'Was told that someone would contact me.  'Never heard a word.

Administrator
BN_Erin
0 Kudos

Hi,

Are you still experiencing Print to NOOK Study Issues?

Please do the following:

Can you please go into you Windows/temp folder and delete anything that’s in that folder?

C:\WINDOWS\TEMP\

This might fix the error.  Please let me know if this is resolved or if you still are having issues.

Thanks,
Erin

Contributor
SuzAZ
0 Kudos

Just an FYI, I just discovered NOOK Study yesterday and I am having the same problems with Print to NOOK Study as these other users have had for over a year now.  Really?  You'd think in that much time, a solution would have been found.

Anyway, your last message says to delete everything in the Windows/Temp folder.  Well, lo and behold, when I went to look in that folder, there are all my files that I want to import into my NOOK Study program.  So the .pdf file was created.  (I already knew this because I watched the green bar at the bottom right of my screen as it created a rather lengthy .pdf). 

I'm going to move the documents I created to another folder and see if I can then get them into NOOK Study.

That does not fix the problem though.  Print to NOOK Study is not working correctly on my machine and it would be very beneficial if it did work.

Contributor
SuzAZ
0 Kudos

UPDATE:  Deleting all the windows/temp files did indeed work for me.  Thanks for helping me with this issue.

wcs
New User
wcs
0 Kudos

It would be nice if you could Print to Nook Study in epub format, but being able to print to PDF is great. However, customers should not have to delete all of the files in the Windows\Temp folder to make the Print to Nook work properly.

Reader
Carl242
0 Kudos

I think it is an issue of Windows 7 security.  I only got the problem when I got a new computer.  When I browsed to c:\temp for the first time Windows said I did not have permission to access that folder, and prompted me to click to gain access.  Once I had access the problem went away.  Another way might be to set NookStudy to run as administrator.  My $.02 :smileyhappy: