Since 1997, you’ve been coming to BarnesandNoble.com to discuss everything from Stephen King to writing to Harry Potter. You’ve made our site more than a place to discover your next book: you’ve made it a community. But like all things internet, BN.com is growing and changing. We've said goodbye to our community message boards—but that doesn’t mean we won’t still be a place for adventurous readers to connect and discover.

Now, you can explore the most exciting new titles (and remember the classics) at the Barnes & Noble Book Blog. Check out conversations with authors like Jeff VanderMeer and Gary Shteyngart at the B&N Review, and browse write-ups of the best in literary fiction. Come to our Facebook page to weigh in on what it means to be a book nerd. Browse digital deals on the NOOK blog, tweet about books with us,or self-publish your latest novella with NOOK Press. And for those of you looking for support for your NOOK, the NOOK Support Forums will still be here.

We will continue to provide you with books that make you turn pages well past midnight, discover new worlds, and reunite with old friends. And we hope that you’ll continue to tell us how you’re doing, what you’re reading, and what books mean to you.

New User
princeofnam
0 Kudos
Accepted Solution

Can't download 7 day trials

Hi,

I'm not exactly sure how to use the 7 day trial offer to access books.   For instance with http://search.barnesandnoble.com/Microcards/Sanjiv-Harpavat/e/9781451112191# I click on "Get it Now" under Free 7-Day Trial but it only links me to the Nook Study app which I already have installed and opened.  I've downloaded a trial book before and don't remember it being this complicated.  I've tried several browsers as well with the same result.

Frequent Contributor
Davan
0 Kudos

Re: Can't download 7 day trials

Hi,

I just followed your steps and the book arrived in my NOOKstudy app.  The dialog you get states that: "Your 7-Day Free Trial is now available. During your trial period, you will not be allowed to copy/paste or print any part of your textbook. Download it now and start reading on NOOKstudy."

That is the confirmation dialog, the book should be in your app by now.  If not, please call 1.800.THE.BOOK for assistance.

Aloha

New User
Danman08
0 Kudos

There has been a moderate change to the barnes and noble website since the past few weeks. I cannot find a free trial version for the book that was reccommended to me. "Social and Personality Development" by Shaffer edition 6. If there are any free trials, the process has been made very difficult. For example, there is no such link to free trial as there was before for other textbooks.

Frequent Contributor
Davan
0 Kudos

Barnes and Noble does not determine what books get a free trial, that is decided by the publishers, if you want a free trial of a book, let the publishers know.  Don't slam BN for something that is out of their control.

New User
kabloom08
0 Kudos

[ Edited ]

Hello Davan,

You seem to misunderstand the issue at hand. Please navigate through B&N and attempt to sample a book that is available for a free trial through NookStudy. I have ALWAYS found a book that had a free trial before buying. Now, there are none that display 'free trial' or anything close to that phrase on any of the product pages, after the new upgrade/update/web page design, etc.

Contributor
moosiefate
0 Kudos

i think that banres and noble has stopped affereing free trials on all books. i dont know why but it started after the redesign. this sucks!

Reader
Normiebear
0 Kudos

there's ONE pagethat offers free trials still, but ONLY that page -- and if you go to the books themselves, there's nothing available, you can only get them by the buttons on that page; and there's only 30 books there--  worse, the 'see more free trials' link, lists piles of books, but none of THEM have trials you can get at, either!

http://www.barnesandnoble.com/u/nookstudy-etextbooks-free-trial/379002672/