New User
nasanta
0 Kudos

How do I edit/delete a note?

I have a PDF file that I made a note (actually a question) in. I am trying to edit it (or delete and create a new note) either using the My Notes panel or any other way that might work. However, I cannot seem to figure it out. I checked the FAQ which was no help, and using the search engine here didn't help either. 

New User
The_Kings_Man
0 Kudos

Re: How do I edit/delete a note?

I'm glad you asked that question. I was wondering the same thing. I have a Nook 2nd edition. The only way I have found so far is to delete ALL notes and highlights at once. I haven't been able to find a way to delete just a single note. Once it's there, it stays.

New User
The_Kings_Man
0 Kudos

I see we are talking about different Nooks. You have the NOOK Study for Students. Just in case this applies to you as well, I want to share how to delete a single note from the Nook 2nd edition:

Instead of selecting the note itself, touch the highlight associated with that note. An options list will appear. One of the options is Remove Note. Press that option and your note is gone. Another option is to Remove Highlight. Press that and your note and highlight are gone. Looks like you can't have a note without the highlight. I hope this might be helpful in your case.

New User
The_Kings_Man
0 Kudos

Please read my next post. It IS possible to delete a single note!

Administrator
BN_Erin
0 Kudos

Hi,

In NOOK Study you can delete and edit a note.  All you have to do is right click on the highlighted text that is associated to the note.  You will then see the options to Delete and/or Edit.

Please let me know if you have any other questions.

Thanks,
Erin

New User
lillywonka
0 Kudos

Wow, I'm actually having the opposite problem! I want to delete all my notes I have previously made on a document instead of just one by one. Since it seems from your question that you know how to do that, do you think you could help me out? Thanks!

Administrator
BN_Erin
0 Kudos

Hi,

At this time the only way to delete a note is to delete it one by one. 

Thanks,
Erin

New User
bdeaver64
0 Kudos

I have a Nook Simple Touch and want to delete a single note. The only option I can find is to clear ALL the notes. I was on line with the chat tech support at BN. They said they would "escalate" my concern to the development team. It is pretty darn annoying to have to clear ALL the notes and then re-create the ones I want to keep!!!!

Reader
HKHH
0 Kudos

I assume you have found the answer by now for clearing all your notes.  However, if not, this is what I found.

I am not sure this works for other nook models, but, for the Nook Tablet, do the following:

1. Tap the center of the screen to bring up the "Reading Tools Menu," and then tap "Content" on the far left.

2. At "Content," tap the tab for "Notes and Highlights" (the 2nd of 3 tabs at the top of the screen).

3. If "Show notes and highlights" at the bottom right of the screen is "on," then you will see at the bottom left of the screen a button that says "Clear all."

4. Tap that button and all your notes (and highlights) will then disappear.

A word of caution: I entered about ten short notes in a chapter I had downloaded as a "free sample."  After I decided to buy the book and downloaded my purchased copy, my free sample copy with all my notes disappeared!  Unfortunately, I cannot figure out any way to get the sample and my notes back.  Sometimes all our notes disappear when we don't want them to!

New User
Perowne
0 Kudos

I also have a Nook Simple Touch and encountered the same difficulty in trying to delete a single note.

I found this way to do it.

Bring up the note by tapping on it in the text. From the options choose not Remove Note but Remove Highlight. This removes both the highlight and the note too.

I'm sure this is not what is meant to happen but it works for me.