Since 1997, you’ve been coming to BarnesandNoble.com to discuss everything from Stephen King to writing to Harry Potter. You’ve made our site more than a place to discover your next book: you’ve made it a community. But like all things internet, BN.com is growing and changing. We've said goodbye to our community message boards—but that doesn’t mean we won’t still be a place for adventurous readers to connect and discover.

Now, you can explore the most exciting new titles (and remember the classics) at the Barnes & Noble Book Blog. Check out conversations with authors like Jeff VanderMeer and Gary Shteyngart at the B&N Review, and browse write-ups of the best in literary fiction. Come to our Facebook page to weigh in on what it means to be a book nerd. Browse digital deals on the NOOK blog, tweet about books with us,or self-publish your latest novella with NOOK Press. And for those of you looking for support for your NOOK, the NOOK Support Forums will still be here.

We will continue to provide you with books that make you turn pages well past midnight, discover new worlds, and reunite with old friends. And we hope that you’ll continue to tell us how you’re doing, what you’re reading, and what books mean to you.

New User
BellaCH
0 Kudos

I bought my textbook, and 7 days later EXPIRE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I am seriously mad at this nookstudy, my book has 180 days left and it show that expire! I sent literally 3 1/2 hours on the phone with cust. rep. (KELLY) trying to help me which they screw me even more, because they sync my laptop with my desktop and now I HAVE NO BOOK!!! before it was at least working the laptop...then my husband called 2 hours with someone, to end the problem with no solution but to send an email to someone hoping for a miracle!! I need a book and people on the phone that know what they are doing.

I will never buy this type of textbook from BN, they fail me right before my test!!! I can not rely on this type of service, now I have no answer or solution and my classes keep going.

New User
AvidReaderREE
0 Kudos

Re: I bought my textbook, and 7 days later EXPIRE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

That really sucks, I'm sorry.  Check on your online library for your nook and hopefully you'll be able to re-download it there, if it is still there. If not check your receipts for the email address registered to your nook (even if you deleted it a few days ago it may still be in there) and I would demand a supervisor with your email in hand or even go to a store and maybe they can help you there. If you clearly have the receipt that says you paid for the book, then end of discussion.  I'm really really sorry this happened to you though! I'd also check the school library for an actual volume to maybe use for a day to study.  Good luck with everything and sorry again!

Administrator
BN_Erin
0 Kudos

Hi,

This is an issue we came across and we are working on a fix for this.  We should have a resolution very soon.  We appologize for the inconvenience.

Thank you for your patience.

-Erin

New User
rhindon
0 Kudos

Very soon is no help to a student who needs to study for a test and this is the only form of text that they have.  I've spend $2,000 on my class and $130 on the textbook and am having the same problem as the original poster.  I have now been on hold over 20 minutes and have class in a few hours.  VERY POOR customer service and no one at B&N seems to care or be able to say anything other than "I'm very sorry".  Fix it, please, before I fail this class and lose over $2,000!!!!

Administrator
BN_Erin
0 Kudos

Hi,

This issue has been fixed.  For anyone that is experienceing this issue, please Sign Out & Sign Back in to see your library.  The book should be there and you should be able to download it.

Thanks,
Erin