Since 1997, you’ve been coming to BarnesandNoble.com to discuss everything from Stephen King to writing to Harry Potter. You’ve made our site more than a place to discover your next book: you’ve made it a community. But like all things internet, BN.com is growing and changing. We've said goodbye to our community message boards—but that doesn’t mean we won’t still be a place for adventurous readers to connect and discover.

Now, you can explore the most exciting new titles (and remember the classics) at the Barnes & Noble Book Blog. Check out conversations with authors like Jeff VanderMeer and Gary Shteyngart at the B&N Review, and browse write-ups of the best in literary fiction. Come to our Facebook page to weigh in on what it means to be a book nerd. Browse digital deals on the NOOK blog, tweet about books with us,or self-publish your latest novella with NOOK Press. And for those of you looking for support for your NOOK, the NOOK Support Forums will still be here.

We will continue to provide you with books that make you turn pages well past midnight, discover new worlds, and reunite with old friends. And we hope that you’ll continue to tell us how you’re doing, what you’re reading, and what books mean to you.

New User
fox76
0 Kudos

Just downloaded Nook Study and it claims I'm not connected to the internet

So I just downloaded Nook Study onto my new laptop.  When I click on the shortcut it states that Nook Study needs to be connected to the internet to operate the first time, the only option is to click "ok" and then it closes....ummm, well I obviously am connected to the internet since I'm posting to this board.  I checked my firewal and it looks like the program is allowed to operate....what am I missing?

Thanks...

Frequent Contributor
Davan
0 Kudos

Re: Just downloaded Nook Study and it claims I'm not connected to the internet

[ Edited ]

Hi there Fox76,
What you will want to add to this post is, what machine are you on?
What OS are you using?
What other Internet software do you have?
What software was running when you attempted to run the app for the first time, ideally you should not be running anything else, but that is just a suggestion I learned years ago. There is always a chance of software conflicts.
How Much RAM do you have?

When reporting what you think is a bug, please try to give the company you are informing of a potential bug as much information about your experience.
Someone should be able to assist you after the next post.

Aloha.

New User
StudentUU
0 Kudos

Re: Just downloaded Nook Study and it claims I'm not connected to the internet

fox76,
it is not your fault. it is the fault of most-terrible-software-ever. Trust me I'm a software engineer and I will never ever ever buy another ebook from B&N.