New User
Otherwise
0 Kudos

Login error message

I bought an ebook to use as a textbook for class, and I just downloaded NOOKstudy onto my laptop. When I try to login in, I get error message 1017: "An Error Occured Creating Your Account. Please Try Again Later." I have a bn.com account, which is what I'm using. I've also uninstalled Adobe, thinking that may have been the problem. Finally, I download NOOKstudy onto another computer, and my login information worked fine. Could there be a problem with my system (Windows Vista) or do I need to uninstall anything?

Tanuja_Gupta
0 Kudos

Re: Login error message

Hi - that error was actually a temporary glitch with our servers (nothing to do with your machine).  I bet if you tried again on that computer now, it would be fine.  Apologies for the issue as well - thanks for your patience.

New User
nfb5029
0 Kudos

I have been having the exact same problem. I bought a book for school, and downloaded nook study. I installed it about 10 different times,some of them making sure that I had administration priviledges, and others not, and i restarted my computer several times, opened and closed the application several times,pushed every button on the options menu, and even went to a barnes and noble near my house and asked the nook salesperson to take a look at it and he was unable to help me and called barnes and noble customer service and was still unable to help me. He also suggested that maby it was just the wireless network that I was trying to conect on and I've tried 3 different wifi networks, tethering my phone to my computer, and a lan connection and none of them have worked. I keep getting error 1017 every single time I try to log into my account. What can I do, because my classes start on Tuesday so I really need to read the first chapter of my book tomorrow for a quiz we are going to have, and this quiz is the whole reason that I bought the book.

New User
Otherwise
0 Kudos

Actually, I downloaded it on another PC and my login information worked fine. Its my laptop that won't take my information. I am still getting error message 1017.

dddpppmmm
0 Kudos

My name is David McCarthy and I work on the Nookstudy team. 

If you have retried as Tanuja stated in her post and still have the issue I have sent each of you a private message with my contact info.  Please respond and we can fix the issue for you.

Thanks for your patience and for using Nookstudy.  

New User
Kcontos
0 Kudos

I am the same error with my laptop. My desktop works fine.

New User
TowedJumper
0 Kudos

[ Edited ]

Tried not to hijack somebody else's thread but it appears I have the same problem as mentioned here.  Is there a known fix on the client side or is this a server side problem?

New User
audraelizabeth
0 Kudos

David,Can you help me? Im having the same issue.

New User
Emcdonald
0 Kudos

I am having the same problem, I have restarted my computer, re-installed nookstudy, and tried to log on many times. Can someone (maybe a nookstudy team member) please help me?

Thank you.

New User
jadkins
0 Kudos

Yes I am having the same problem with my laptop can you please help me??

New User
Kcontos
0 Kudos

Any fixes to this yet? I need to access my etext on my laptop.

New User
el-capitan
0 Kudos

I tried to use nookstudy today to read my e-textbook for school but unable to log in due to error 1017. Are there any other issues that have arisen since the last fix for others that had the same problem?

Contributor
Lisabear27
0 Kudos

It's been a month, but I am having the same error message.  I am also trying to access my account from a laptop.  Can someone please let me know how to fix this?  I've tried everything I can think of and all the suggestions I've seen posted (which weren't many).  Thanks.

Correspondent
katworley
0 Kudos

I hate "me, too" posts, but I'm in the same boat. I can log in just fine on my desktop machine, but not on my laptop. I'm running Mac OS 10.6.4, and I've tried uninstalling and reinstalling. Is there an actual fix for this or are we waiting for a software update?

History: Special people, in special places, at special times
Anthropology: everyone else the rest of the time...
Contributor
cassio
0 Kudos

Could you please follow the technician's directions and click the PM button underneath his post and contact him directly?

Here's one possible answer:

If you have an Adobe account (from downloading an Adobe product or anything to do with Adobe digital editions), your username and password must match the one on B&N.

--Sam

New User
moonglow22587
0 Kudos

I bought a ebook for the nook study and downloaded the nook study when i put in user name and password it says error cannot find schools. Please help I need the book for class

Frequent Contributor
Davan
0 Kudos

Hi Moonglow,
The quickest way to get a fix is to call support 1.800.THE.BOOK. The boards are for assistance by other users. Tech Support should be contacted now as it has been a couple of years since this thread started.