New User
Manuil
0 Kudos

NOOKStudy added files would not sync across computers

I installed NOOKStudy on my desktop and laptop. I created a course and added some local files to the desktop instance. I synced the desktop, then the laptop but no files showed up on the laptop, only the course.

Please help - why are the locally uploaded files not showing in the other NOOKStudy instances. I have used the exact same accounts (BN and Adobe) on both computers.

Administrator
BN_Erin
0 Kudos

Re: NOOKStudy added files would not sync across computers

Hi,

Unfortunately, the documents you import on one computer will not show up on the second computer, even though you are using the same account.  We are working hard to try and have this capability. 

Thanks,

Erin

New User
paritoshshah
0 Kudos

Is there a way to take a backup of the notes/highlights made to imported documents via nookstudy ? So that incase I have to reinstall nookstudy or install it on a different machine, I can atleast recover my notes ? I can see that my documents are stored in "C:\Users\foo\Documents\My Barnes & Noble eBooks\foo@bar.com\sideloaded", but the annotations are not saved with the documents.

Reader
booth_heckman
0 Kudos

[ Edited ]

I am a NookStudy user and have only used the software with sideloaded PDF's. NookStudy is the most feature-rich and useful study software on the market. However, there are just a few drawbacks that make the experience frustrating.

I Wish That I Could Sync Sideloaded Files Between Computers

The inability to sync sideloaded PDF's is one of those issues. I think that your emphasis on having the NookStudy experience separate from having an internet connection is VERY useful as access to the web can be distracting while attempting to study. However, it seems like a combination of cloud storage and local file availability would best provide the flexibility that students need. It's important that highlights, notes, etc. do not get left behind in this process as well.

While I totally agree with the need to have a standalone application, having a web app with the same documents, notes, highlights, etc. would also be very useful.

Thanks!

Thanks for working so hard on this and taking our feedback into consideration. Something very important to us students is the turnaround on our feedback. Most traditional feedback/implementation cycles will be longer than the time we are in school! Please remember this!

New User
beccabrown

Please rush this feature. I uninstalled Nook study, because being able to pick up where I left off on any computer is a must!