New User
phrint
0 Kudos

Nook Study and Mac OS X 10.7 Lion compatability

Is the current version of Nook Study compatible with Mac OS X 10.7 Lion?  I would hate to update and loose access to my books for school.

Thank you in advance.

New User
AtomicSymphonic
0 Kudos

Re: Nook Study and Mac OS X 10.7 Lion compatability

It has hung on me even after reinstalling it. As far as I know, Nook Study DOES NOT work with 10.7 yet.

Administrator
BN_Erin
0 Kudos

Hi,

NOOK Study does work on Mac OS X 10.7.  There should not be any issues with NOOK Study working.

Please try to uninstall (delete the application) and redownload the application again.  It should work. 

If you are still experiencing issues, please let me know.

Thanks,
Erin

New User
phrint
0 Kudos

Erin,

Nook Study does work in Lion, however the scrolling does not match the native scrolling.  Meaning that it will inverse like Lion (up for down and down for up) but it is rather choppy.  It is not as smooth as before.  Thank you for your response.

Andrew

Reader
Dunlap3
0 Kudos

Erin,

I am having a great deal of trouble with Nook Study myself.  I recently upgraded to OSX 10.7, and Nook Study now freezes and stops responding every time I start it up.  I didn't have any books bought for the Nook Study yet, so I deleted it and it's preference files and reinstalled it - and got the exact same results.  Is there anything else I can do to get NS up and running?

Michelle

Administrator
BN_Erin
0 Kudos

Hi, Please do the following: Delete a File called "activation.dat" under Adobe/Digital Editions Below is the path: /Users/administrator/Library/Application Support/Adobe/Digital Editions Once the activation.dat file has been deleted, please restart your computer before downloading NOOK Study again. Thanks, Erin

New User
Manousakis
0 Kudos

Re: Nook Study and Mac OS X 10.7 Lion compatibility

I am using an out-of-the-box 10.7 Macbook Air. I downloaded nook study two days ago, and bought a (rather expensive) etextbook that will not download (nor will any other free etext download). I couldn't find the adobe digital editions activation.dat file referred to (I found on Adobe's website that digital editions does not support OS X 10.7, which may be part of the issue). I did try reinstalling the nook study app, with no success (as well as sign out and back into the nook study app, power cycle my laptop, router and modem). I made an exception for the nook study app in the firewall, which shouldn't be an issue anyway because the firewall is default turned off. My internet connection is fine. Error code is 1017. Any other suggestions?

New User
BostonRob
0 Kudos

I am having the same issues as the last post. Has there been any solution to this?

New User
jaguilos
0 Kudos

I have 10.7.2 and it seems to work fine.  I just downloaded NookStudy, and then bout an etextbook.  so far so good.  the only issue i have is that i don't know how to add my external notes (.docx, .rtfd) into my course library... the docs seem to be grayed out.  why would they not allow me to organize my notes next to my textbooks? 

Frequent Contributor
Davan
0 Kudos

Open your Document and follow the path File>Print>PDF>Print to NOOK Study and you should be up and running.

Reader 2
Sophy0075
0 Kudos

How do I uninstall and reinstall Nook on my Mac?

All I can see on my Mac are epub file names (composed of numbers, so I can't even tell which book is which). When I click on a file, the "Nook" logo comes up, but that's ALL. 

Very frustrating.