Contributor
moosiefate
0 Kudos

Nook Study free trial

hey, what happened to the nook study free trial? has it been disabled? the new layout doesn't show free trial for any books. i have bought 2 etexts from here and both ended being worthless. both books had several images missing. Instead of the graphs that i needed in order to finish my work there was a grey square saying "image missing due to copyright:. with the trial i was able to avoid buying or renting books that had the similar problem. also, why don't all books have a trial?? a week is a bit much. all i need is about an hour to make sure everything is ok before i rent.

anyway, this nookstudy service could be what we starving students need but so far its proving to be lacking to much. im afraid that by the time it becomes what we need most of us will be done with school.

Frequent Contributor
Davan
0 Kudos

Re: Nook Study free trial

It is the publishers who determine what books get a free trial and it is the publishers who create the books with missing graphics due to copyright issues.  B&N does not publish text books, eTextbooks or the flashcards and the like.  Please contact the publisher of the eBook you have to request that they obtain the rights for the missing graphics as they are the only ones that can make that call.

Contributor
moosiefate
0 Kudos

thank you for the help. this doesnt answer my question though. has barnes and noble stopped offering free trials for textbooks?? i bought 3 books after first getting free trials but they no longer seem to be available for trial.

Frequent Contributor
Davan
0 Kudos

Currently, the only trials are on this page:  http://www.barnesandnoble.com/u/nookstudy-etextbooks-free-trial/379002672

I am looking into this for you.

Aloha

New User
excustomer
0 Kudos

Barnes and Noble sucks, last week they had the book I wanted to try on a trial and this week its gone. Jerks.

Frequent Contributor
Davan

Barnes and Noble does not determine what books get a free trial, that is decided by the publishers, if you want a free trial of a book, let the publishers know.  Don't slam BN for something that is out of their control.

New User
Arizone
0 Kudos

I somehow doubt that the number of free trial books going from hundreds down to thirty is the fault of many different independent publishers simultaneously and not Barnes and Noble.

Contributor
moosiefate
0 Kudos

i agree with you arizone. for some reason they have disabled the trial feature. this kinda sucks because there are tons of books that might not work right and i now have no way of knowing this.

Reader
Normiebear
0 Kudos

[ Edited ]

Have you been able to figure anything out about this free trial mess, yet? I can't believe they'd just shut it down, even the books in the link Davan posted, don't show them anymore, at least for me!