New User
cluffb
0 Kudos

Nook study "This textbook is not authorized to be read on this computer (2113)" error message

All,

I have called tech support 3 times today to try to download the textbook I just purchased off of their site. My email address for NOOK matches the one I have registered for Adobe. Their response was to call back and hope that I get ahold of someone that "knows more" about Nook Study - which I find to be embarrassing.

When I click on the book, or click on "Book Info" and press download, I get a message that says "This textbook is not authorized to be read on this computer (2113)". I am not sure how to proceed or authorize my computer. When I call support they said that they do not see any authorized computers on my account, but cannot tell me how to register my device!

Please help me!

Thank you.

Brandon.

Wordsmith
moose_tracker
0 Kudos

Re: Nook study "This textbook is not authorized to be read on this computer (2113)" error

go to the thread (currently below yours)

http://bookclubs.barnesandnoble.com/t5/NOOK-Study-for-Students/Why-does-NOOKstudy-not-work-on-my-NOO...

Nook study does not mean you can load textbooks on Nooks..

New User
cluffb
0 Kudos

Re: Nook study "This textbook is not authorized to be read on this computer (2113)" error

I did see that post. I tried to read any that might pertain to my issue... However, I am using a laptop. I do not own a Nook. 

New User
dma8179
0 Kudos

I think my problem today was the same as what u are talking about.  I spent an hour and a half w nook study dig support this morning they couldn't figure it out. I called back at 530 and actually got someone that knew what was up. You need to create another account and have them transfer all your purchases to that one. Then sign in to your nook study account and everything should work fine. Call (1) 855-310-8438 to get the nook study and skip the first set of techs... IDK why the first one didn't work but in about 5 minutes I had my book. Hope this helps :-)

New User
FHornedo

You shouldn't have to create a new account. Tech Support walked me through the process of going into Nook Study > Going to my Library > Moving my Mouse Over the Text Book > Clicking the i that Shows Up at the Bottom Right Corner > REMOVE LOCAL COPY > Download a new copy and it should work.