Since 1997, you’ve been coming to BarnesandNoble.com to discuss everything from Stephen King to writing to Harry Potter. You’ve made our site more than a place to discover your next book: you’ve made it a community. But like all things internet, BN.com is growing and changing. We've said goodbye to our community message boards—but that doesn’t mean we won’t still be a place for adventurous readers to connect and discover.

Now, you can explore the most exciting new titles (and remember the classics) at the Barnes & Noble Book Blog. Check out conversations with authors like Jeff VanderMeer and Gary Shteyngart at the B&N Review, and browse write-ups of the best in literary fiction. Come to our Facebook page to weigh in on what it means to be a book nerd. Browse digital deals on the NOOK blog, tweet about books with us,or self-publish your latest novella with NOOK Press. And for those of you looking for support for your NOOK, the NOOK Support Forums will still be here.

We will continue to provide you with books that make you turn pages well past midnight, discover new worlds, and reunite with old friends. And we hope that you’ll continue to tell us how you’re doing, what you’re reading, and what books mean to you.

New User
EyesSkyward
0 Kudos

NookStudy Phone Apps

First, I love Nookstudy so far!  Is there a Blackberry App in the works?

Of course we primarily study on our pcs and macs- We don't have a good study app on our phone yet!

Blackberry and Android phones have keyboards and touch screens.  I currently study on mine with an app from your major competitor, but they haven't done a good job making textbooks available.

ps. I'm sure the i-crowd would like to have it on the iPhone too... even if it's a little harder to use.

Tanuja_Gupta
0 Kudos

Re: NookStudy Phone Apps

We're glad to hear it!  We don't have a Blackberry or iPhone app yet.  We are definitely exploring mobile platforms for the next versions of NOOKstudy.  We are working with publishers on content optimization and file size first to make this possible.  Thanks for the feedback and stay tuned!

New User
Radius611
0 Kudos

Please let it be soon! Don't get me wrong, I'm thrilled to finally see eTextbooks, because it means that my texts are now only as heavy as my laptop, but I can only imagine how awesome it would be to simply be able to bring my iPhone 4 to class, talk about bringing 5-10lbs of books to about 2-5 ounces! Granted most mobile displays are small, and would not be convienient, I still think it would be worth it for the quality ones. Also, is there any solution for the instance - say your computer has to go to the shop (for instance the screen cracks, or the case for the 1st gen macbooks) How will a student have access to his or her  eBook? Better printing or mobility (such as iPhone) would be an excellent alternative I believe.

Inspired Correspondent
ladytonya
0 Kudos

If you guys don't come out with this soon, you are going to be left in the technology dust, so to speak. I bought a Nook Color for the sole purpose of having my textbooks on the go. I bought them from another source because I couldn't load them on my Nook or my Nook app for iPhone.  I use them on both, just had to buy them from somewhere that allowed me to print more than 149 pages to pdf so I could sideload them to my devices.  There are already schools where you can by an etextbook pre-loaded on a Kindle and the Kindle comes with it.  The Nook is so much better than the Kindle but your refusal to develop is going to hurt you in the long run. I hope you catch up with the competition and make it to where we can read our books in a Nook Study app and on our Nooks, but if you don't, I'll just buy my etextbooks elsewhere. I really hope I don't have to continue doing this!  I have two years left in my MBA program and would love to utilize your product, but with the current business model that you are operating under, you are ostrecizing early adopters and are going to lose customers.  B&N is a great company, I hope that doesn't happen!

New User
Honai
0 Kudos

Even if it has to be a simplified version, nookstudy for iphone would really be useful...