Since 1997, you’ve been coming to BarnesandNoble.com to discuss everything from Stephen King to writing to Harry Potter. You’ve made our site more than a place to discover your next book: you’ve made it a community. But like all things internet, BN.com is growing and changing. We've said goodbye to our community message boards—but that doesn’t mean we won’t still be a place for adventurous readers to connect and discover.

Now, you can explore the most exciting new titles (and remember the classics) at the Barnes & Noble Book Blog. Check out conversations with authors like Jeff VanderMeer and Gary Shteyngart at the B&N Review, and browse write-ups of the best in literary fiction. Come to our Facebook page to weigh in on what it means to be a book nerd. Browse digital deals on the NOOK blog, tweet about books with us,or self-publish your latest novella with NOOK Press. And for those of you looking for support for your NOOK, the NOOK Support Forums will still be here.

We will continue to provide you with books that make you turn pages well past midnight, discover new worlds, and reunite with old friends. And we hope that you’ll continue to tell us how you’re doing, what you’re reading, and what books mean to you.

New User
LadySodium
0 Kudos

NookStudy app? (Specifically Windows 8)

I've seen a few other questions about NookStudy being made into a touch-happy/tablet-friendly app, but if there have been answers about the prospect, I've missed them.

I'm using NookStudy and the Windows 8 Nook App both on my Surface Pro, and I so wish they were fused together, or at least there was a Windows 8 App version of NookStudy, because it's incredibly useful; the PDFs and ebooks are all easier to read and annotate in NookStudy than any app I have, and the layout is very clean. But an enormous downside is it's practically touch-phobic. I love the tabs, I love the side-by-side view, I love that on an ebook, even when I change the size of the viewing screen, the page numbers stay the same. All the different ways to view a text (adjusting page-size and/or text size/font), and all the different ways to navigate (page numbers, search, table of contents), all really great. But things like trying to scroll when my keyboard is flipped back and my stylus not in my hand -- well, I can't.

Then, the Windows 8 Nook App: it's really beautiful. I wish I could transfer every ebook I've ever purchased (scattered across various platforms) over to this app. Like NookStudy, it has options for the on-screen layout, (love the Publisher Default), and yet maintains a consistent pagination. The only downsides are that I can't import PDFs, nor purchase textbooks, nor annotate -- so it doesn't work for study.

I understand keeping the two functions -- personal reading and school reading -- as separate apps. Still I wish they were two separate apps in Windows 8. An app with the study-functionality/flexibility of NookStudy combined with the flowing-tablet-ease of Windows 8 Nook App would be invaluable.

Is it in the works?

Frequent Contributor
Davan
0 Kudos

Re: NookStudy app? (Specifically Windows 8)

Like almost all Tech companies, and yes B&N has morphed into a Tech Company, you will never hear anything from them on projects not yet announced.  There are rumors about everything, but until B&N releases it in a press release, it is not confirmed.

Sorry this does not really answer your question, but B&N has to protect its I.P.