New User
ac12
0 Kudos

Re: Nookstudy for Ipad?

I am about to start school, this fall, so my parents bought me an Ipad so I can put books on it. Turns out you don't even have an app for it. So when will you guys have the app availiabe? Also, on this webpage http://www.barnesandnoble.com/nookstudy/ you guys are false advertising. There is a banner on the picture of the iPad that says "New on iPad" then to the side it says the iPad app is coming soon. People are more then ready for the app so WHEN IS IT COMING?!!!!!!!!!!!!!

New User
ngnear21
0 Kudos

Don't kid yourself, everyone, this isn't going to happen anytime soon.  This is just like when B&N advertised Hulu Plus coming to Nook Color, and then just a month later rescinded and said they had no plans to relase Hulu Plus on the Nook Color...count me in as one of the suckers that bought a Nook Color because of that lie.  I've since upgraded to an iPad, and am wanting to use it for etextbooks for my MBA.  Let me just say that any MBA class I've been in so far would teach that letting multiple semesters go by without an app release is poor business, especially considering that the people demanding these etextbooks are not going to forgo using their iPad in place of heavy textbooks.  Maybe that's it - the upcharge on physical textbooks is enough to make up for the lost etextbook business?

Frequent Contributor
Davan
0 Kudos

Unfortunately most software developers don't announce a release date until the product is ready for shipment.  This is because if you announce a date and you find a major bug at ship date, you either ship with the bug, bad form or you slip your ship date.  I am sure you do not want a buggy product, do you?  Neither do I.  I have been waiting for this product and want it to be debugged before I get my hands on it.

When BN is close to shipping, that is when they will announce the ship date.  Don't forget that the app has to go thru Apple testing before it can be added to the App Store.

I know everyone is waiting for this, but knowing that it is finally announced as coming is a good sign.

New User
ngnear21
0 Kudos

Again, announced as coming and coming are two different things for B&N (see Nook Color Hulu Plus app).  Just a cautionary tale...Amazon is cheaper anyway, so just use their Kindle app for ipad and start using etextbooks now rather than waiting until a release date is finally announced.

New User
mimi31508
0 Kudos

I was really disappointed to here that the Nook Study app is not available for use even on the Nook Color Tablet. There is no point to having this app then when people can order it from other websites. I highly recommend that you guys create the app accessable to those with a Nook, Kindle, iPad and more and FAST!!!

thanx

New User
Sixcolors
0 Kudos

Wow, this topic was started two years ago? How long is this going to take? If I'm reading correctly, it's not even available for the Nook? I would love to use Nook Study for all of my textbooks, but until there's an iOS app for iPad, I can't see myself being too eager to spend my money here. The desktop app is pretty good, but I need something I can take with me to class.
New User
StudentReader
0 Kudos

OK, at the beginning of the semester the IPAD version of nookstudy said either NEW or Coming Soon, depending on which page you were on.  Now it is gone.  I was hoping to be able to bring my eTextbook to class on my IPAD for our first open book test.  Currently I read on my desktop.

So Whats the Deal?

New User
csturner
0 Kudos

[ Edited ]

Do not buy books for the Nookstudy.  B&N posted that it was coming soon to Ipad in August to get people to buy books from them, now the Ipad isn't even listed. You get a better deal if you buy from amazon. Not to mention, they have ebooks on the ipad already!

New User
StudentReader
0 Kudos

Now the NookStudy facebook page says they are delaying the release.

What does that actualy mean? Info please:  Day/Week/Month/Year?

Seriously, Open book test in Oct. would like my book on IPAD so I dont have to drag my desktop to school. [sarcasm] (I am really not taking my desktop to school....)

How about rather than focusing on NS for Ipad, you figure out how to get the book loaded into the Nook for IPAD.  Maybe that would be simpler?

Just thinking outside the old box there.... 

New User
ngnear21
0 Kudos

I don't usually get to say "I told you so" so I'm taking this chance.  Now there is no iPad Nook Study coming...like I mentioned above "coming soon" and "coming" are two different things to B&N.  And now, we see why - the Nook HD and HD+, that are directly competing with iPad, so why would they make an app you could use on their competitor's device?  It's a silly business model to try to compete with Apple's app store or Google's play store by creating your own limited app market, but they keep cranking out sub-par tablets, so it must be working.

Just use the Kindle app for etextbooks, get whatever apps you want on your iPad, and call it a day.

New User
lehmanmatt
0 Kudos

Just had the same thing happen. I download the Nook app on my iPad after talking to some at B & N. Cannot view on my iPad and I'm not happy!
New User
Gonzm17
0 Kudos

Nookstudy for Ipad?

For being an e-textbook, you really don't have the flexibility to read anywhere.  Nook Study doesn't work on any tablet/e-reader or even on a web-base version where you can log-in and read books you have downloaded.  An IPad would be ideal but B&N based on their research have decided to limit how much more the Nook Study could be used.  I don't think I'll be getting e-books next term if they are from Nook Study.  I'd be better off with text books that I might as well lug with me since Nook Study isn't much of a help if I have to lug my desktop or laptop just to read.

New User
StudentReader
0 Kudos

Dear Deamos from the year 2010, I come from the future (2012). I come to tell you that your optimism is indeed in vain. Here in the year 2012, there is still no NS for IPAD. However hope is at hand. After being repeatedly lied to, we are now told that it will arrive this fall. I'm sure we can believe BN this time.
New User
rapid_1
0 Kudos

Dear StudentReader from the month of October, I come from the month of December and I am here to tell you that your sarcasm was not in vain. There is is still no support for nookstudy on the iPad. I know it's hard to imagine, but b&n lied again.
New User
annawar89
0 Kudos

I think this is all rather rediculous especially because when I purchased my etextbook it gave me the option to "send to my iPad" which, of course, is impossible since I have to use the etextbook on my laptop throught the Nookstudy app. False advertising is illegal B&N, just so you know. If I don't recieve a full refund very quickly since I will not be lugging my laptop around like I will my iPad, B&N will not hear the end of this. Utterly disappointed.

New User
themoneyfoot
0 Kudos

Ditto. Do we get to return our purchase.?
New User
themoneyfoot
0 Kudos

What is the projected date that nook study will be available on iPad? 

Being asked to stay tuned isn't cutting it. I have already deviated from my Nook to the iPad and have also started buying books from other distributors. 

I have been a fan of B&N for a long time now but they are coming very close to loosing me as a customer. Please keep up.

Unfortuntley I have to follow up to ask for a return on my ebook. We will see how that one goes. Not to mention that I will be late in having my text ebook for this semester. It was clearly my bad to assume that we were all up to speed. : /

New User
susha
0 Kudos

I was so excited to see this textbook reader, then I did the research, soooo happy I did.  This looks like such a great product and was pricing out all of my school books, over $1500, and now I'm not buying them here.  Not only am I not using the laptop version I refuse to get my books here.  over one year ago was a post from a moderator saying it was coming soon to the ipad...wow. 

New User
tyreeTR
0 Kudos

Spin this all you want B&N, get it on the ipad, its 20 freaking 13. And please spare us the crap about helping the students etc because most ppl have PC or Mac, tablets are a fraction of the cost.  Get it fixed!

Contributor
Yauden
0 Kudos

Stay tuned? This was posted in 2010... Is it now on iPad?