New User
Kindra313
0 Kudos

Nookstudy not responding upon signing in.. HELP!!!

Hi, I have used nookstudy earlier in my semester for my etextbook and now I went to use the same book again on my nookstudy, same computer and everything, but when I open nookstudy and sign into my BN account it starts to sign in and then the app goes to "not responding" and I am forced to shut it down. Sometimes a small Barnes & Noble window opens but it is just black with a box to click yes. If I click yes it just shuts down the program also. I am unable to get an error code. I called BN support and they told me to just reinstall nookstudy and it should fix my problem. I have done this and nothing works. Please help, I really need my etextbook for class!!!

New User
Kindra313
0 Kudos

Re: Nookstudy not responding upon signing in.. HELP!!!

Oh, and I am using Vista, I have plenty of memory space, and nookstudy is accepted through my firewall. I don't understand how I used it less than a month ago and now it won't work.

Administrator
BN_Erin
0 Kudos

Hi,

We just launched an update to the application about ten minutes ago. I know Customer Service just told you to download the application again, but since we just launched this new version please try and download the NOOK study application again with this new version. 

After you download the updated NOOK Study application, let me know if you are still experiencing this issue and I will have our technical team look into this. Also, if you can send me the best way to reach you so we can fix this issue.

Thanks,
Erin

New User
Kindra313
0 Kudos

So, I did what you said and just downloaded the app again. It finally worked! So excited... until I went to open my etextbook and it says, Your Adobe certificate has been corrupted. Please call customer service at the number below. (2161)

Now, what? ha!

You can contact me through e-mail. kihietal@student.lsc.edu

Thank you for responding quickly.

New User
plruns4funIL
0 Kudos

I've run in the same exact problem! Were you able to resolve the problem? Please advise. Thanks!

Administrator
BN_Erin
0 Kudos

Hi,

What is the best way we can contact you so we can resolve this issue for you.

Thanks,
Erin

New User
Mark327
0 Kudos

I'm having the same issue on my Win XP machine - I'm afraid to update a W7 machine that's working right now.

I've deinstalled it with the control panel proccess, re-downloaded and reinstalled as described above but still ahve the same indications.

According to the log data, apparently there is a file it cannot open on the web:

2011-03-15 11:55:02.00296000 ERROR [WinInetProxy.cpp:244] Category:CLIENTAPI, Action:WinInetProxy::get, Message:HTTP Status: 404 (http://images.barnesandnoble.com/PResources/download/ereader2/sc/BN/pc/config.xml - )

Please fix this as soon as possible. I also had some homework due within a few hours of this happening but fortunately I had another PC with the old software still installed.

Even with that workaround it is still very disquieting that this can happen because I travel and need my books while on the road.

Administrator
BN_Erin
0 Kudos

Hi,

Did this happen as soon as you upgraded the App to 1.5.5?

When you say that it is "not responding", do you mean the Application is frozen or are you stuck on a grey screen?

If you can provide us with exact steps and behavior you are seeing that will def. help us troubleshoot this issue.

Also,if you have another way of contacting you that would be great.

Thanks,
Erin

New User
Mark327
0 Kudos

Hi Erin

It happened as soon as I updated to 1.5.5.9690.

I am stuck on a gray screen.

"Not responding" is not quite accurate or else I wouldn't have been able to copy the data to the clipboard. So the program is not frozen, it's just not displaying anything except the gray screen with the title bar, "NOOK Study", and the "∩" button in the upper left corner.

Hi Erin

It happened as soon as I updated to 1.5.5.9690.

I am stuck on a gray screen. "Not responding" is not quite accurate or else I wouldn't have been able to copy the data to the clipboard so the program is not frozen, it's just not displaying anything except the gray screen with the title bar, "NOOK Study", and the "∩" button in the upper left.

You can send me an email at the address in my profile.

New User
Mark327
0 Kudos

Hi Erin / B&N technical support

I received your email and I answered you. Have you received my answer?

I have an assignment due tonight and I am on the road.I paid for an e-book rental that I cannot use and this putting my grades at risk.

Please give me a way to use the application; either send me a link and instructions to go back to the previously functioning version or give me a workaround that will make the current version work.

I find it appalling that this is happening with so many of us and no fix has yet been offered.

This experience will certainly make me reconsider using any B&N products in the future.

I will also be communicating this to my school.

Administrator
BN_Erin
0 Kudos

Hi,

I sent you an email.  Our technical team is working very hard on fixing this issue and hope to have a solution very soon. 

Thanks,
Erin

New User
Mark327
0 Kudos

Thank you Erin, I again have access to my books.

Inspired Contributor
TheBeerSoapCompany
0 Kudos

I am in the same boat.  I am getting the Adobe corruption message.  This is frustrating.

New User
Samlyn
0 Kudos

Hey,

I'm going through the same problem. School started today and I just tried to download a textbook and I got the same message. Freaking out and I don't know what to do. I tried redownloading my adobe systems and nothing has worked. I don't want to unregister my account because the book never downloaded onto nook study. I can't use the access code anywhere else because it says "It's already been redeemed." So I am out of luck there and I am panicking like crazy!!! I don't know what to do!! Can someone please help me?!?!

New User
Woodsy1
0 Kudos

Solution:  Go to start menu.  Select RUN (might be in the accessories folder) and type: regedit.  This will open your registry editor.  Expand HKey Current User, then expand Software, then expand Adobe and right click Adept and delete it.  Restart your computer.  Then sign in to Nook Study and open the book.