Since 1997, you’ve been coming to BarnesandNoble.com to discuss everything from Stephen King to writing to Harry Potter. You’ve made our site more than a place to discover your next book: you’ve made it a community. But like all things internet, BN.com is growing and changing. We've said goodbye to our community message boards—but that doesn’t mean we won’t still be a place for adventurous readers to connect and discover.

Now, you can explore the most exciting new titles (and remember the classics) at the Barnes & Noble Book Blog. Check out conversations with authors like Jeff VanderMeer and Gary Shteyngart at the B&N Review, and browse write-ups of the best in literary fiction. Come to our Facebook page to weigh in on what it means to be a book nerd. Browse digital deals on the NOOK blog, tweet about books with us,or self-publish your latest novella with NOOK Press. And for those of you looking for support for your NOOK, the NOOK Support Forums will still be here.

We will continue to provide you with books that make you turn pages well past midnight, discover new worlds, and reunite with old friends. And we hope that you’ll continue to tell us how you’re doing, what you’re reading, and what books mean to you.

New User
Davyb30
0 Kudos

Not showing formulas/equations correctly in notes (Nook Study)

I'm going through the textbook Options, Futures, and Other Derivatives by John C. Hull, publisher Pearson Publications. The book contains hundreds of formulas and equations.

I want to mark them and show the formulas in the Notes panel, so that I can categorize and filter them.

However, the Notes panel shows garbage, when displaying marked formulas/equations. It looks like the Notes functions does not recognize the correct font and is displaying formulas/equations using an inappropriate font. You cannot read the formulas in the Notes panel.

I called Nook Study Support. They told me that this is a problem for the publisher, not a Nook Study problem. They told me I would hear from the publisher within 10 days. It has been substantially longer than 10 days, and I have not heard anything. I have no confidence in the knowledge of the Nook Study Support staff.

Has anyone else encountered this problem, and do you know of a fix or work-around? I bought the electronic version of the textbook expecting to use this feature. It is absolutely essential for a textbook of this kind.