New User
2046JG
0 Kudos

Problems opening nook study

I have been trying to use the nook study program on my PC running windows 7 since Saturday.  I have spoken with support twice that has had me to submit my log files twice, but have not received a response.  Here is the problem maybe someone can help:

I have downloaded the program and when I open it and sign in the program processes for a little while and then closes.  I have unistalled my virus software, disabled the firewalls and everything that I have seen on other blogs, but no resolution.

Thanks.

Reader 4
deaconbam
0 Kudos

Re: Problems opening nook study

I've tried for over a year to eliminate this problem.  I determined that the most efficient work-around is to reinstall the software.  To save time, I skip downloading from the website and just install from the previous installation download.  Then, if you want to use Nook Study, plan ahead, allow sufficient reinstall time prior to use.

New User
CarlsMom
0 Kudos

Mine just sits at the screen  for loading your library and stays there. I contacted tech support and all they had me do was uninstall and reinstall 3 times. I was then sent to level 2 tech and he had me do the same thing again 2 more times plus close my fire wall and still nothing. He then gave me the email address to send the log and said goodnight. I tried to send the log but he gave me a bad email address, I READ IT BACK TO HIM 3 TIMES. I don't know what to do, I don't want to sit on the phone for another hour and a half !!!!!!!

New User
aj64
0 Kudos

I am having the same problem on my asus tablet. Iadjusted my fire was settings as well. has anyone found a solution?

Contributor
BN_Hemen1
0 Kudos

Hello All,

Can you please provide the following information?

1.) What type of computer do you have? OS? Bits? Firewall? Error if any?

2.) Do you have the credit card and billing information on your account? 

New User
aj64
0 Kudos

Re: Hello All,

I am running windows 7 premium on my gateway laptop, 32 bit operating system. I have just removed the macaffe security software and my windows essentails software and will reload one when I can figure out what the problem is. I just reloaded nook study and it will work as long as i keep it open. as soon as I close it and try to go back in, it will not open again. it just sits there trying to load my library.  I was using nook study with no issues on my ASUS Tablet and my gateway laptop up to this Jan 2013. the last time I logged into it though was Sept 2012. 

Contributor
Ruffles5
0 Kudos

Re: Hello All,

I have a Windows 7 Toshiba ultrabook. I have never had problems with Nook Study until now. I used it in November for a class so what's the deal? It's just stuck on the Loading Library screen after opening the program. Seriously BN you're getting on my nerves! I may just go ahead and use Amazon's kindle app on my Nook HD+ and use their textbooks (what's the point of a great program like Nook Study if you can't rely on it to open when you need to?!)