Reader
booth_heckman
0 Kudos

WARNING: NookStudy Update Deletes all notes & highlights, course associations!

I unfortunately clicked Yes when NookStudy asked me to update the software today. I know better than this with Finals coming up next week. The next time I opened the program, all files had been changed back to their original names (imported_blah_blah), highlights and notes were all gone, and files were no longer associated with courses. This is quite ridiculous and disappointing. I'm thinking that I may have to switch to some kind of format that actually stores notes along with the file for future dependency and reliability's sake. I will be able to restore everything using Time Machine, but others may not be as prepared. Shame on you Barnes and Noble.

Administrator
BN_Erin
0 Kudos

Re: WARNING: NookStudy Update Deletes all notes & highlights, course associations!

Hi,

When you update to the NOOK Study version 2.1 it may take about 30 minutes to sync your highlights/content.  Are you still experiencing this issue?

Thanks,
Erin

Correspondent
MrToy
0 Kudos

Re: WARNING: NookStudy Update Deletes all notes & highlights, course associations!

I'm not a student, but use Nook Study as a PC reading app because its so much better than Nook for PC. I had a similar problem after the last update. One of my books, in fact, completely disappeared from my library. After I restored it, it didn't have notes and highlights anymore, even after synchronizing. The notes and highlights still appear in Nook for PC, though. How can I restore the notes and highlights in Nook Study?