Since 1997, you’ve been coming to BarnesandNoble.com to discuss everything from Stephen King to writing to Harry Potter. You’ve made our site more than a place to discover your next book: you’ve made it a community. But like all things internet, BN.com is growing and changing. We've said goodbye to our community message boards—but that doesn’t mean we won’t still be a place for adventurous readers to connect and discover.

Now, you can explore the most exciting new titles (and remember the classics) at the Barnes & Noble Book Blog. Check out conversations with authors like Jeff VanderMeer and Gary Shteyngart at the B&N Review, and browse write-ups of the best in literary fiction. Come to our Facebook page to weigh in on what it means to be a book nerd. Browse digital deals on the NOOK blog, tweet about books with us,or self-publish your latest novella with NOOK Press. And for those of you looking for support for your NOOK, the NOOK Support Forums will still be here.

We will continue to provide you with books that make you turn pages well past midnight, discover new worlds, and reunite with old friends. And we hope that you’ll continue to tell us how you’re doing, what you’re reading, and what books mean to you.

Contributor
Caleb_Anderson
0 Kudos

Re: Welcome to the NOOKstudy for Students Board!

Where can I find the ' Nookstudy app? do i download it directly onto my nook? or do i transfer it from my computer?

Contributor
Caleb_Anderson
0 Kudos

We have Tiger 10.4.11, and NookStudy is an app that I want so bad. It's a pity that only Snow users running 10.6.-- can use it. B&N might want to make it an universal app. most apps are that you can download off the internet. Any help?

New User
chefkyates
0 Kudos

I haven't purchased a Nook yet as I am  unsure. I want an ereader that will:

1. support college  texbooks, 
  2. has backlighting for reading in bed without the need for a lamp, 
  3. has highlighting capabilities, and
  4. Has non-glare for reading in sunlight
  5. Is capable of being able to connect to my local library for e-book loans ths through EPUB.
  6. Support purhases through othere bookstores

Please help me by providing these answers as I am  very interested in purchasing one soon. 

Thank you!

Reader
docj1947
0 Kudos

I think for most of your questions the new nook color will be adequate.   The access to textbooks is another question.  I am not sure what university policy is so that would have to be checked out with the University.  I would be interested in what you find out about the access to relevant textbooks in your chosen line of study.

New User
akitchelwilcox
0 Kudos

Need help with nookstudy.  Don't have a shopping bag icon in the top navigation bar?

New User
kd-haven
0 Kudos

I am completely new to this.  Is there a "users guide" for NookStudy?  I don't know how to use any of the features.

Administrator
BN_Erin
0 Kudos

Hi,

Once you download and open the NOOKstudy application, the user guide should show up in your 'My Library', titled "User Guide" with the NOOKstudy logos.  If the "User Guide" is not in your library, please check your archives, 'My Archives'.  If you still do not see this please let me know.

Thanks,
Erin

New User
kd-haven
0 Kudos

I do have it there. Thank you.  Now, can you tell me if I can still get the College Success Kit?  I didn't get it when I downloaded b/c I didn't know what I was doing.

Administrator
BN_Erin
0 Kudos

Hi,

You can get the Kick-Start Guide by clicking on the link below.

http://www.barnesandnoble.com/nookstudy/college/starter-kit/index.asp?cds2Pid=34780

On that page you will be able to download for free a lot of fun information including, NOOKstudy's 50 College Survival Tips,  SparkCharts, Tips on Semster Abroad and Internships, and free eBooks.

Have fun!

New User
IgorTomyn
0 Kudos

Hi there,

I wanted to say THANK YOU to all barnes&noble personnel and other related companies and people for creating 7-day Trial system. This is a very helpful saystem because i can look inside the book and choose which book should i buy among so many of them that would be most productive for me. Im sure many other people think the same way. Thumbs up for Barnes&Noble!!!

Reader
JerJim
0 Kudos

Jeane,

I have been using NOOKstudy for about 2 years now.  I still have some issues with it, but in general, really like it for reading and note taking.  However, working on a dissertation, I have been using the highlighting feature a lot more lately.  I chose to use the export note function, and found that the highlight information only shows the page information, not the text information.  Is that the function of the software, or is it related to the security settings in the book / document?

Also, it would be good to have a function on this Community for "Recommended improvements".

Lastly, I heard a news report a couple of months ago that B&N was looking at going international.  Is that in the works yet.  It is a real hassle when abroad not being able to buy / download books.

Kind regards,

New User
mayjbird
0 Kudos

After spending a couple hundred dollars purchasing five digital textbooks for Nook I went to download my books onto Barnes and Nobles Nook Study program for college students. Each book I attempted to download I received the same error message “Your Adobe certificate has been corrupted. Please call customer service at the number below.” (2161)

So I proceeded to call customer service with the number provided. I was eventually connected with a person (that was obviously outsourced) that quickly dismissed me saying it was Adobe’s error message I needed to contact Adobe. I informed the apparently confused tech “support” person that I had the Barnes and Noble error code number for him if it would help him trouble shoot more efficiently, and then I gave him the (2161) code  that was above the 1-800-THE-BOOK I was instructed to call.

I was put on hold for a very long time. When he was back on the line (at this point I had been on the phone for 30 minutes) he informed that his associate would be emailing an older version of nook and that this should resolve the problem, have a nice day. I checked my email downloaded the older version of nook and still the same error message appeared. I googled the error message and found that this had a similar problem for others, so I figured I must’ve just gotten a bad egg when I called, and proceeded to call again.

On my second phone call to Nook I caught the person up on my situation; he had me re-install the newer version of nook, and asked me to hold for someone that might be better able to help.  

I was connected with someone else who I filled in on my situation, and he began to trouble shoot a few things. After having no luck, he informed he was “working blind” because he didn’t have a mac computer, and he was “googling the problem, and he could see that this was an issue for others.”

Barnes and Nobles tech support was googling my problem. Also, they didn’t have the resources to resolve my problem because I’m a Mac user; a problem that has been an issue for many others. He had me copy my log files to email to him. He warned me that it might be a couple weeks before I receive a response.

My semester begins Monday, it’s too late for me to order new print textbooks and receive them on time.

By the time I hung up, I had been on the phone for 55 minutes.

I’m going to hope that someone competent from Barnes and Noble’s staff views this message and responds in time to resolve my problem before semester begins on Monday August 27th 2012, until then I plan to post this review of nook textbooks and barnes and noble tech support in every forum I can find related to digital textbooks, Nook, Mac, and resources for College students.

Did I mention that I have other textbooks through google play and ibooks that work perfectly, that I can also read on my macbook and  ipad with no issues?

I highly recommend Google Play and iBooks.

photo.PNG

New User
jaguilos
0 Kudos

Hello,

I just purchased a book yesterday, and I don't see it (or any books from my library) in my Nook Study Library?  What happened?  Months ago this worked (on the same machine and OS - i'm on a Mac btw).  I just upgraded my Nook Study, and I'm not sure if that's the cause, but I need help.  Otherwise, I'll have to ask for a refund.

Administrator
BN_Erin
0 Kudos

Hi,

What operating system are you running?  Also, what is the version of NOOK Study that you are using?

I just emailed you so we can work this issue out off line.

Thanks,

Erin

New User
beachwave14
0 Kudos

nookstudy on nook?

This may be a stupid question, but is the nookstudy app only for pc and macs? I'm on my nook tablet right now trying to download it but I can't seem to find it for the tablet...any suggestions?
Inspired Scribe
kamas716
0 Kudos

Re: nookstudy on nook?

beachwave14 wrote:
This may be a stupid question, but is the nookstudy app only for pc and macs? I'm on my nook tablet right now trying to download it but I can't seem to find it for the tablet...any suggestions?

NookStudy is only for pc and macs right now

http://www.goodreads.com/kamas716