Jeanne_Belin
0 Kudos

Welcome to the NOOKstudy for Students Board!

[ Edited ]

Welcome to the NOOKstudy for Students Board!

Got a question about how to use a feature in your NOOKstudy application?  This is the place to ask, and to help your fellow users find the info they are after.

We also have a NOOKstudy for Faculty Board.  You can head over there if you're more interested learning how to use NOOKstudy as a faculty member.

We encourage all users to check out the NOOKstudy site for the most common questions, and to search this board (there's a search function located in the upper right corner of this help board) before posting questions. Chances are good the answer’s already here.

The NOOKstudy site provides feature overviews, "How To" videos and NOOKstudy FAQ's.

As always, we appreciate all your feedback and questions!  Thank you very much!

New User
squeakyTM
0 Kudos

Re: Welcome to the NOOKstudy for Students Board!

I am having some trouble with nookstudy. Can anyone help? I have checked the FAQ and was unable to find what I needed.

Jeanne_Belin
0 Kudos

Hi,

I'm not sure what issue it is you're experiencing. Please email us at service@barnesandnoble.com or call 1-800-THE-BOOK. We want to ensure we resolve whatever issue you're experiencing, quickly.

~Jeanne

New User
jencal
0 Kudos

Is nookstudy going to be available for macs that are not on OS 10.6.x, meaing the majority of macs out there? It's available on windows XP/vista/7, with XP being YEARS old.

I have 10.5.8 on a macbook that's only 18 months old. And you're saying that's too out dated?

I was excited about the release of nookstudy.....not so excited now.

Jeanne_Belin
0 Kudos

Mac operating systems older than 10.6 do not have the latest code libraries that we used for all great features in NOOKstudy.  We’re evaluating our options on backwards compatibility in light of how quickly operating systems update as well.  We sincerely hope that once you upgrade to Snow Leopard, you’ll be able to enjoy the versatile toolset available in this free application.

New User
ferasmih
0 Kudos

Does it work on the iPad?

Jeanne_Belin
0 Kudos

New User
Eme17
0 Kudos

I do not have a shopping bag!!

Can anyone tell me why!?!??!!?!

Contributor
jasonact
0 Kudos

Upgrading to 10.6 isn't very expensive or difficult. It would probably be to your advantage to do so with or without NOOKstudy.

New User
tristag
0 Kudos

I also do not have a shopping bag & am not able to purchase books????

Frequent Contributor
juneau
0 Kudos

tristag wrote:

I also do not have a shopping bag & am not able to purchase books????

Nobody can purchase eBooks right now. There are appartently technical difficulties.

New User
arielokinawa
0 Kudos

Hello,

I am new to NOOKstudy.  I just want to confirm that to get my textbooks into my NOOKstudy, I have to buy or rent them on barnesandnoble.com and it gets saved to my account.

Unfortunately, neither of the books I need are available on barnesandnoble.com, but I am interested in using NOOKstudy for future semesters.

Thanks!

arielokinawa

Tanuja_Gupta
0 Kudos

[ Edited ]

Apologies for the delayed response.  The NOOKstudy application can be downloaded from both BN.com and the BN College websites.  If you download it from the BN.com websites, we take you directly to our website for shopping.  If you download it from a BN College website, we assume you're doing your shopping on that BN College website or in the bookstore - thus, we removed the Shop button.  You can still absolutely shop and bring your latest purchases into the application.

Thanks,

Tanuja

Tanuja_Gupta
0 Kudos

[ Edited ]

Apologies for the delayed response - yes, you are absolutely correct on the first point.

On your second point, I'm sorry to hear we don't have your textbooks available in digital format yet.  If you drop us a line at nookstudycontent@book.com with the Title, ISBN, etc., we'll bump it in the queue and work with publishers to obtain this title.  We can't make any promises, but it's helpful to know what's in need.

Thanks again,

Tanuja

New User
Meljsmith
0 Kudos

I had to purchase my ebooks from my school bookstore. I did it online and they sent my codes to use then you enter them on nookstudy.

New User
kazookc
0 Kudos

I would like to have the read out loud feature that is available on my adobe reader on the Nook Study - is such a thing available or will it be ever?

New User
boisebob
0 Kudos

I do not know if this is the place for my question but the find feature on my nookstudy  wont work, is there any way to fix this?

New User
mamitche
0 Kudos

can I use the nook study on mac 10.x?

New User
teacher2bNJ

I need to transfer books I downloaded on my PC to my ereader. Can someone tell me how to do this?

Distinguished Wordsmith
FantasyRider

mamitche wrote:

can I use the nook study on mac 10.x?

Looks like according to the download page NookStudy can work on Mac OS X (10.6.x) -- http://www.barnesandnoble.com/nookstudy/download/index.asp 

"You do not really understand something unless you can explain it to your grandmother." Albert Einstein