Since 1997, you’ve been coming to BarnesandNoble.com to discuss everything from Stephen King to writing to Harry Potter. You’ve made our site more than a place to discover your next book: you’ve made it a community. But like all things internet, BN.com is growing and changing. We've said goodbye to our community message boards—but that doesn’t mean we won’t still be a place for adventurous readers to connect and discover.

Now, you can explore the most exciting new titles (and remember the classics) at the Barnes & Noble Book Blog. Check out conversations with authors like Jeff VanderMeer and Gary Shteyngart at the B&N Review, and browse write-ups of the best in literary fiction. Come to our Facebook page to weigh in on what it means to be a book nerd. Browse digital deals on the NOOK blog, tweet about books with us,or self-publish your latest novella with NOOK Press. And for those of you looking for support for your NOOK, the NOOK Support Forums will still be here.

We will continue to provide you with books that make you turn pages well past midnight, discover new worlds, and reunite with old friends. And we hope that you’ll continue to tell us how you’re doing, what you’re reading, and what books mean to you.

Jeanne_Belin
0 Kudos

eTextbook and NOOKstudy FAQ's

[ Edited ]

You may peruse Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ's) of eTextbooks and NOOKstudy here:

www.barnesandnoble.com/nookstudy/support/index.asp

New User
KTLotus

Re: eTextbook and NOOKstudy FAQ's

My friends and I bought our nook because we wanted the ability to purchase e-textbooks.  We asked the people at the store and they said that we could purchase any book in the e-book format.  You can't imagine how unhappy we were to learn that our nook doesn't support NOOKstudy. :womanmad: That wasn't very smart and the reasoning for this decision isn't making the situation any better.  We all have since purchased an iPad because we are able to do a remote log in to our macbooks to use NOOKstudy when we aren't home. We have purchased scores of books for research papers and required readings for college classes.  iPad has a iBooks and we've compared the availability of books between our nook and our iPad. The prices are pretty close and sometimes the same; the fact that we don't get very many coupons to use on nook books is disappointing.  We were apart of a study group where the NOOKstudy subject came up and we all feel the same way.  NOOKstudy our units will make us more productive, save us time and keep our backs healthier.  The only thing that will stop us from leaving our B&N accounts to collect dust is NOOKstudy for our iPads and our nooks. Please, helps us out, we've been so faithful. I own the very first nook as well as a nook color.  My aunt asked which one she should purchase for my cousin for a graduation present...tick tock B&N. Tick Tock.

Thanks for listening.

Sincerely,

Engineering Student Forever Reading

Kiedra

:robothappy:

Contributor
Inquisitive30
0 Kudos

Just got my Nook Color for Christmas for the purpose of putting E-Textbooks on it.  Purchased my first one and now I find that I can't do anything that I had been told I could do?  No zoom feature, no auto rotate feature,  Seeing as how this was purchased during Black Friday I guess it is too late to return it for a tablet.   Deep Disappointment.  B&N Please fix this for us users.  Only reason I got it was to put technical manuals and textbooks on it.  I don't do any other type of reading.  I really didn't want the big bulky tablet to have to carry around.  I tried reading the book I purchased and am having trouble reading any of the diagrams in it, even with a magnifying lense.  Is there a way to return an E-Textbook for a regular hardcopy textbook?

New User
lambinitial
0 Kudos

Just a question, can I use nook study on my nook tablet? I looked through the frequently asked questions and I didn't find anything explicitly calling out its use on the nook tablet. Thanks!

Frequent Contributor
Davan
0 Kudos

Hi Lambinitial,

In a word, no.  NOOKstudy does not work on the NOOK tablet, the screen is just too small.  http://bookclubs.barnesandnoble.com/t5/NOOK-Study-for-Students/Why-does-NOOKstudy-not-work-on-my-NOO...

d