New User
wtfnookstudy
0 Kudos

no error number but this is what it says

You have unsynchronized data and we were not able to establish a connection to the Barnes & Noble servers. This is required before the application starts please try again.

1. This did not happen before I installed the update

2. I attempted to download two text books prior to updating. Both were unsuccessful as the thing said I needed to enable cookies. Cookies were enabled and I even enabled them from the control panel. When that was unsuccessful I attempted to download the update.

3. When all of this was unsuccessful I uninstalled and reinstalled the nook study.

4. Still unsynchronized I restarted my computer, this did nothing. 

Has anyone else run into this? Not sure what to do and I have homework due this weekend.

New User
Hinson-Banks
0 Kudos

Re: no error number but this is what it says

I have also just run into this problem and still looking for a solution.

Frequent Contributor
Davan
0 Kudos

Please include more info on your computer (OS running, what version/Service Pack), anything else that might have changed on your computer since the update of your software or since you last used the software.  There are sometimes conflicts between softwares and if you have added anything else to your computer since the last time you used the software without issue.  This will help Tech Support assist you with your issue.  Tell them as much as you can about the envirornment on your computer.

New User
bremrg0775
0 Kudos

Any success correcting this error;  I am getting this same error and am not sure what to do?

New User
Curly2015
0 Kudos

I a also running into this problem. My computer is a Lenovo Thinkpad and I haven't installed anything new since I updated NookStudy.

New User
ssims
0 Kudos

Fixed it. 

We had the same problem.  I spent all day with support and they had me re-install, update the operating system, etc.  Nothing worked.  I finally opened the users-"user name"- AppData-Roaming-Barnes and Noble-Nook Study folder and renamed the ClientAP folder to ClientAP_Old.  Now open the Nook study program and it properly asks for the log in information. 

What i believe was happening is that this file contains old login information and the uninstall did not properly delete it.  So when the updated Nook study application was opening, it was trying to use this login information. If the login info was out of date or in our case was locked, the applicaton simply would not launch. 

New User
ssims
0 Kudos

I should have mentioned that your appdata folder may be hidden or may be in a different location depending upon your operating system.
New User
Bact91
0 Kudos

[ Edited ]

This is what I've got:

The NookStudy IT department said that this is an unusual situation and suggested the following:   

PC INSTRUCTIONS: 
To delete their database, please ask this user to close NOOK Study, and then go to their NOOK Study database folder by typing this into the Windows start menu (Start -> "Run..." on Windows XP): 
%appdata%\Barnes & Noble\NOOKstudy 

This should open Windows explorer to the NOOK Study folder (ex: C:\Users\<USERNAME>\AppData\Roaming\Barnes & Noble\NOOKstudy ) 
In this folder they should see a file named  ClientAPI.db or CoreCloud.db 
Ask them to delete all the files with extension “.db” . 

Then restart NOOK Study and this should solve the problem. 

MAC INSTRUCTIONS: 

1.       Shut down NOOk Study 
2.       Right-click (or Control-click) on the Finder icon, then select “Go to Folder…” 
3.       “Go to the folder:” dialog will appear – type into it: ~/Library/Application Support/Barnes & Noble/DesktopReader 
4.       Finder window will open in DesktopReader directory – out of this directory delete all files with extension “.db” 
5.       Restart NOOK Study 

Hope this really helps, it worked for me, Problem solved after a couple weeks of trouble. :smileyhappy:

P.S. I am running on Windows 7 PC

P.P.S. For the PC at the beginning, to make it clear, just type "run" into the search box in the start menu, then copy and paste the %appdata%\Barnes & Noble\NOOKstudy 

P.P.P.S. Just delete the ClientAPI or CoreCloud File/Folder

Contributor
scoozi
0 Kudos

It is now January 2013 & tech support has no idea how to fix this problem when you call. Thank goodness for google & this thread! I've been pulling my hair out for 2 days trying to get nook study to work on my net book using windows 7.