Distinguished Wordsmith
Rignes
0 Kudos
Accepted Solution

Angry Birds Space

Are we going to see Angry Birds Space on the Nook Tablet March 22?
Distinguished Correspondent
HumbleCorrespondent
0 Kudos

Re: Angry Birds Space

Rignes wrote:

I doubt it . We will probably get it eventually. But in the past, their new stuff (programs and updates) has gone to the broader Android world first. They then need some time to adapt it to the Nook devices.
That's just my opinion, you can take it for what it's worth, or just leave it alone.
Distinguished Wordsmith
Rignes
0 Kudos

What's to adapt?  Nook runs Android.  If you root a Nook Tablet you can run any app from the Android app store.

Unless we are talking "non-technical" adaptation?

HumbleCorrespondent
0 Kudos

Rignes wrote:

What's to adapt?  Nook runs Android.  If you root a Nook Tablet you can run any app from the Android app store.

Unless we are talking "non-technical" adaptation?

If you root it, you have access to the complete Android OS.  Therefore, you can run any Android App that the Nook device is equipped to handle.  For instance, GPS or camera related apps won't do you much good.

If you do not root, you are running a B&N modified version of Android.  The apps in the Nook app store are specifically designed for that.  That is why, unlike the apps in the Amazon app store, you cannot run B&N apps on any Android tablet, but only on B&N devices.  B&N has specific design requiremnts (regardless of whether or not the hardware or OS demand it) that developers must follow in order to get their apps int the B&N app store.

That's just my opinion, you can take it for what it's worth, or just leave it alone.
Distinguished Scribe
Schwa
0 Kudos

Rignes wrote:
My local store's nook counter has a video screen with an ad for Angry Birds Space coming soon. Also the Nook facebook page announced the same thing.
Correspondent
BrassMonkey
0 Kudos

Also i think we will see angry birds in space on its release date because b&n has a good relationship with Rovio. The stores sell merchandise and the stores unlock the mighty eagle for the original angry birds game through in store wifi.
northlite
0 Kudos

If they have such a good relationsship with Rovio why is Angy Bird Seasons stuck way back on Wreck the Halls from Christmas? My iPhone and Android tablet have two new episosde since then, Year of the Dragon and Cherry Blossom. Since my Android tablet has the updates it can't be that they never made them for Android. I'll believe it when I see it that we get Space on the Nook...but then again they can charge us another $3 so they probably WILL release it in a timely manner. The free updates...not so much.

My Nook Touch is named Buzz Lightyear! Together we go to infinity and beyond! B&N, please restore the ability to name our Nooks!
Distinguished Scribe
Schwa
0 Kudos

[ Edited ]

@Northlite: Are you not able to switch between 2012 and 2011 holidays?  Have you cleared last year's levels?

Inspired Scribe
Doreenpv
0 Kudos

I hope we get it soon. I still play AB's over and over lol

I just read the AG cook book at BN the other night.

northlite
0 Kudos

I can switch between 2011 and 2012 just fine, but they never updated the Nook version with the last two holidays for 2012. If you have something with the android (not Nook) or iOS versions, you will see 2012 has four episodes: Ham'o'ween, Wreck the Halls, Year of the Dragon, and Cherry Blossoms (new last week). The Nook version never got Year of the Dragon or Cherry Blossoms.
My Nook Touch is named Buzz Lightyear! Together we go to infinity and beyond! B&N, please restore the ability to name our Nooks!
Contributor
GwenMalfoy
0 Kudos

Thank you!!!!!!!!!! I have been bugging b&n on there db pages for days now! I keep getting told I should buy an ipad if I want the update so bad. I have the updates on my phone but I feel like we will never get our updates. I would love if we got our updates at a decent time since we have to pay for them
flyingtoastr
Topics: 55
Kudos: 2,947
0 Kudos
Distinguished Scribe
Schwa
0 Kudos

And there it is, right on time. I'm sure the naysayers will still have something to say though...
Inspired Scribe
Doreenpv
0 Kudos

OK..not so easy.

New User
SMCanlis
0 Kudos

Is the update to Angry Brids Space available with the new levels for Fry Me To the Moon? for Nook? My 7 year old niece is dying to play.

New User
Neoillumine
0 Kudos

Doesn't look like it, right?  Been waiting for a while and this is just one more reason I'm disappointed in the ol' tablet (besides it being a buggy mess).

flyingtoastr
Topics: 55
Kudos: 2,947
0 Kudos

[ Edited ]

Don't let a little thing like research get in the way of a good complaining!