Contributor
tooalto
Accepted Solution

Anyone have the app AMV just show up?

I logged on and opened up my Nook this afternoon and this "app" AMV just showed up. It won't open and I can't get rid of it. I haven't downloaded any apps for days so where di this come from? Help!

Frequent Contributor
Likes2Read4Fun
0 Kudos

Re: Anyone have the app AMV just show up?

I have it as well on my NC.  I didn't try to open it, though. There's no option to delete or archive it, much like the standard apps that comes with the NOOK.  

New User
NookOwnerMB
0 Kudos

I do not know what it is, but just noticed it in my apps library.

Distinguished Scribe
NookGardener
0 Kudos

Check the details.  Just looks like B&N is live testing again. :smileyvery-happy:

Reader 4
Flash858
0 Kudos

Yes, showed up here as well. Im rooted and run linux, so goingn to see if i can pull it onto my desktop and unarchive it. Maybe they are giving us lowly tablet owners the new email app! One can dream... :smileywink:
Contributor
BlckBetty
0 Kudos

It downloaded onto my N.Color as well. I restarted my nook because it was running slowly and now the previously "blank" AMV app is now installing? What in the world could BN be live testing on my nook?
Inspired Bibliophile
deesy58
0 Kudos

If B&N were really "live testing" on customers' devices without their knowledge and permission, wouldn't that be unethical?  Oh wait!  I forgot.  Microsoft does it, so it must be okay.  :smileyfrustrated:

Reader
allycub
0 Kudos

I work for BN as a Nook person and this is new to me as well.  going to call store support tomorrow at work.  showed up on my tablet and am not sure what this is either but I know BN does not "test" things or automatically put apps onto customers' Nook accounts.  There is a new email app called k9 which is a free email app and very user friendly.  

Reader 2
bookgirl209
0 Kudos

Yeah what is it ? My nook color has it in my apps it was not there last week.
Reader
curlygurl

I told my Apps to sort by category. This is classified as "Entertainment".

When I got into the details, it says to contact the developer to report a problem.

There is an email address there;
noideaatall@book.com. Really. No Idea At All @ book.com. I don't trust this thing _At All_.
Contributor
Eros-Ashima
0 Kudos

[ Edited ]

I had the app show up this morning. I didn't order it and  I want to get rid of it. Anyone know how?

Later ... I wrote to customer service about it.

Reader
curlygurl
0 Kudos

I searched for it and here is one site I found:  http://scottgrasso.org/orgapp/android/

Distinguished Scribe
NookGardener
0 Kudos

{Sigh} People just dont have a sense of humor anymore. Well, a programmer did. The domain name, book.com, is owned by Barnes & Noble. Someone spotted the email in question being used in some other b&n code. If I had to guess, the "v" stands for video. (And someone made a oopsie a day or too ago.) @allycub, let us know what support says when you call.
Reader
DT101
0 Kudos

I had the app show up last night.  After a painful online chat with BN tech support, who didn't believe me unitl I linked him to this community, we ended deregistering and reregistering my NC.  He was not able to explain what it was, where it came from, or why we should reregister my device if it obviously wasn't device specific.

Reader 2
DaniGrlPurHoTTneSS

After a wonderful chat with support on the phone (he sounded cute lol) he let me know it was a new app for magazine viewing (?) for nook color and tablet (i believe) no need to reset or any of that saved me that time task of redoing everything. I did let him know about the topic so maybe he or another will pop in and explain it better then me. Please forgive spelling mistakes I suck at typing on the keypad
Reader 2
DaniGrlPurHoTTneSS
0 Kudos

To add on I contacted online support first and they wanted me to reset as well but before I did that I wanted to hear phone support say the same. Glad I wamted a second take on it.
Reader
meKD

Omg. B&N support is a nightmare. I have never ever gotten any kind of help from them when I had a problem. Once I solved the problem my self while talking to them and told the tech what to tell the next person who had that problem.
Inspired Contributor
catarific
0 Kudos

mine has said installing and never stopped saying installing.

Anyone else still have this app installing or has it completed the installation?  I have a nook color.

Reader
curlygurl
0 Kudos

Mine has said installing since last night.  Has just turning the NC off completely stopped it for any of you?

New User
Marianne718
0 Kudos

Same thing here. Showed up yesterday but doesn't launch. Have not yet been able for find an answer among these replies.