Bibliophile
5ivedom
0 Kudos

Re: Anyone have the app AMV just show up?

LeftyMcKay, fixed it = it installs and stops showing 'installing' message.

There's no way to remove it since it's a preinstalled app.

Contributor
jathanasie
0 Kudos

Yes - I've been trying to delete it and it's driving me nuts!

jeannie
New User
juseay
0 Kudos

Yes it showed up but didn't complete installation.  When I try to open to see what it is, I get a white screen.

Unable to archive or delete.  I sure hope that B&N resolve this issue soon.  Thanks so much for the information. 

Judy

Bibliophile
5ivedom
0 Kudos

Judy

1) There won't be option to archive or delete it since it's preinstalled.

2) On another thread a user said that customer service told them that B&N is working on this issue.

3) I had it showing as installed. After a restart, now it's showing as installing. So it seems to be a strange bug - even after installation it can go back to 'stuck in installing'.

4) Everyone is getting the same thing - a white screen.

5) It's an app that is used by Magazines. I'm not sure how it's supposed to work. Perhaps you aren't supposed to run it. Perhaps it's just run by Magazines in the background or something.

Reader 2
cllwa51
0 Kudos

Do you know if this is causing a slow down for wi-fi? Just curious since this AMF app is in the process of downloading and my wi-fi has been slow.

Bibliophile
5ivedom
0 Kudos

Do you see 'Downloading' as the message or 'Installing'?

If you see Installing then AMV isn't using WiFi.

If use see downloading all the time then it is, and it would, in theory, use WiFi and slightly slow down general WiFi usage.

New User
smkdstr
0 Kudos

5ivedom,

I have tried rebooting my NOOK several times over the past week and a half and this AMV thing keeps popping up as downloading/installing.  In addtion, after doing one of these power cycles, several other apps now are stuck in an endless download/install loop.

Bibliophile
5ivedom
0 Kudos

1) YEs, the AMV thing is possessed or something. I had it all fine (i.e. it showed as app and didn't do download/install). Then after one restart (just for another reason) it started showing installing.

Someone talked to CS and they said a fix is being worked on.

2) Apps stuck in download/install loop. Due to lack of size perhaps.

Check your Settings > Device Information

and the row 'Storage for b&N Content'. If it's very low, apps won't be able to install. You'll have to archive some apps. Note: Archiving deletes data and game progress, so don't archive apps that have your data and/or your game progress.

New User
GinnyJWA
0 Kudos

Running 1.4.3 and its still there
Frequent Contributor
CindySNJ
0 Kudos

This just showed up ths AM.  Shows installing all the time.  I quess BN has not fixed it yet.

Ed

Ed Sciano, not CindySNJ as it says at the top.
Reader
Hey2U2
0 Kudos

Found it in my nook also! Won't open.
John R Wood
New User
KLTG
0 Kudos

You are right !!! We need to be compensated. AMV doesn't work, they can't even delete it, we didn't ask for it, Where is B & N consumer sense? Time for a Kindle.
Distinguished Bibliophile
patgolfneb

KLTG wrote:
You are right !!! We need to be compensated. AMV doesn't work, they can't even delete it, we didn't ask for it, Where is B & N consumer sense? Time for a Kindle.

Your joking right? I took this as sarcasm. What really amazes me is that this thread endures. By responding I feel like I am an enabler, kind of a Larry David moment.
New User
asdfghkl
0 Kudos

patgolfneb wrote:

Your joking right? I took this as sarcasm. What really amazes me is that this thread endures. By responding I feel like I am an enabler, kind of a Larry David moment.

Are you for real? What amazes me is all the time you have for posting. Go read another book and stop your 1000+ postings. Get a real life ...

Oh, and that is so unfunny -> a Larry David moment ...   Again, get a life ...

Bibliophile
5ivedom
0 Kudos

I thought it was very funny. What PatGolfNeb wrote.

Yes, it is a Larry David moment. I miss that show. That and Arrested Development.

Reader 4
JennyAnyDots
0 Kudos

Especially w/o any description or explanationof what it is or where it came from! I had assumed it was spyware or malware
New User
msloriann
0 Kudos

I had AMV show up last night. When it was done installing, my wallpaper got deleted and today I get nothing but a black screen with the arrow at the bottom showing up but not touchable. Nor is the 'n' menu working. I got big problems here. :0( anyone who has this figured out could you please email me at ms_loriann@verizon.net
I have no idea what to do here:0(
Thank you.
Distinguished Bibliophile
patgolfneb
0 Kudos

I doubt there is a connection, amv has been on devices a long time, just no app icon. If you have more details it would be helpful.

Bibliophile
5ivedom

What PatGolfNeb wrote.

It must be a coincidence. AMV wouldn't cause all that. It's an in-built app that was invisible until recently. So the only change that happened is that now you can see the icon. The app itself has always been there.

Your wallpaper disappearing and N button not working seem to be something else entirely.

What happens when you restart Nook and then select another wallpaper?

Frequent Contributor
RogerMD
0 Kudos

[ Edited ]

Appears it's been quiet for a while, but this AMV app is still a prevalent problem. I noticed it last Friday, because my Nook Color was on standby, hadn't used it the whole week and when I did, the battery was dead. I found that peculiar because usually it's just 50% discharged if not used for a week.

I couldn't get the AMV app to fully install, and also appears to have blocked the download of the Twitter app. It too would reflect installing, but never actually install. I decided to Archive it to delete it from the Nook Color. The AMV app still reflected installing.

I powered-off the Nook, then back on, it started installing from the beginning again, but never completes. Charged it again fully again this last Sunday.

Yesterday evening it was already at 20% since last Sunday, even though it was only on standby, never fully turned on to use. So the AMV app is trying to download & install in the background using up battery charge life.

Bottom-line it's generating a constant power drain on the device since it hasn't fully installed and is stuck in this loop cycle, which also impacts the installation of other apps.

It's sad that there's no official word from Barnes & Noble about this issue, acknowledging it at the very least, with some info that it will be fixed in the next update.

Officially ignoring it is very sad and that's what is taking place -

A silent statement ignoring this officially!

Nook Color