Contributor
JayHD
0 Kudos

Are Free on Friday history

I just looked at BN store on NT and I do not see Free on Friday. Did I miss the announcement?
Distinguished Correspondent
northlite
0 Kudos

Re: Are Free on Friday history

It's Tiger Eye (Dirk & Steele Series #1) by Marjorie M. Liu
My Nook Touch is named Buzz Lightyear! Together we go to infinity and beyond! B&N, please restore the ability to name our Nooks!
BN_AlexG
Topics: 68
Kudos: 519
Solutions: 41
0 Kudos

Hi JayHD,

Free on Friday is still there. To access yoru special offers, tap "Picked Just For you" in Shop.

Hope this helps!

- Alex

Click the Laurel leaf to say thank you for helpful posts. And be sure to come back to click the 'Accept as Solution' button for the post that solved your issue. This may help someone else.
Distinguished Scribe
richardwrite25
0 Kudos

Alex, why exactly was this moved from Nook Color to Tablets?  Will NC owners be relegated to second-class status......by posting all notes that could apply to either the Tablet or Color in the Tablet forums?

BN_AlexG
Topics: 68
Kudos: 519
Solutions: 41
0 Kudos

richardwrite25 wrote:

Alex, why exactly was this moved from Nook Color to Tablets?  Will NC owners be relegated to second-class status......by posting all notes that could apply to either the Tablet or Color in the Tablet forums?

I'm sorry richard, I'm confused. This post wasn't in our NOOK Color boards.

But generally speaking, the best practice would be, to have discussions about either in their respective locations. Though, naturally there is going to be some overlap here and there.

Early on, I'll be moving more tablet oriented conversations into the Tablet boards to spur activity and just to get everyone used to the new organization of our boards.

Click the Laurel leaf to say thank you for helpful posts. And be sure to come back to click the 'Accept as Solution' button for the post that solved your issue. This may help someone else.
Contributor
JayHD
0 Kudos

BN_AlexG wrote:

Hi JayHD,

Free on Friday is still there. To access yoru special offers, tap "Picked Just For you" in Shop.

Hope this helps!

- Alex

</ It is not there when I tap "picked just for you". It is not there on my NC, or NT, the rest of my family have N3G, NST, and NC the have free on Friday. I am starting to think it must be related to my BN account.

Distinguished Bibliophile
deemure
0 Kudos

Jay, for many people Free Fridays has never shown up on their NCs.  Mine didn't for awhile, then did, and now it doesn't anymore.

In order to check for it you may want to look at the blogs that are at the bottom when you select the Browse Book Clubs links or go into the nook book discussion board and look at the thread of free books-the friday one shows up there, sometimes way earlier than friday.

"I still believe in spite of everything that people are good at heart." Anne Frank.
Reader 2
tps90
0 Kudos

I'm new to Nook products and this forum. What is Free Friday? Are they giving away free stuff that I've been missing?

Correspondent
TelSC
0 Kudos

tps90 wrote:

I'm new to Nook products and this forum. What is Free Friday? Are they giving away free stuff that I've been missing?

There is a free book given away every Friday. Most of them aren't my type of book but I'm sure there are others who like them.

Stop Calling It A Tablet
Scribe
Froide
0 Kudos

Here's the link:  http://bookclubs.barnesandnoble.com/t5/The-NOOK-Blog/bg-p/Unbound/label-name/free%20fridays

Outside of a dog, a book is man's best friend. Inside of a dog, it's too dark to read. ~Groucho Marx

[Do you catch/share limited-time ebook and audiobook freebies in the Limited-Time NOOKbook Freebies and Official OT threads?]
Reader 2
sandybeadz
0 Kudos

Free Friday always used to be listed in the Shop section of my Nook as the first item in Promotions.  Now it's not there anywhere.  And I do not have anything called "Picked for You".  Going to the blog and to find the title and then searching in the store is too darn time consuming.  Is B&N just trying to discourage us from accessing Free Fridays?  Makes no sense.

Bibliophile
laurieb52

[ Edited ]

Sandy, just bookmark the blog on your tablet. The free friday book is always linked within the blog, so just click on the link, then buy.

"Picked for you" is still in shop on your tablet. Tap on shop. At the top is "browse the bookstore" but directly under it on the popular lists is "picked just for you".

Life's a chair of bowlies...and it's all about Plan B!
Contributor
Jhuygut
0 Kudos

With my original Nook the Free Friday was really obvious, when I talked to people at BN last week they informed me that I have to search for it on the Tablet, I find this kinda annoying but at least it's still there.  Last week I searched for the title but I may try bookmarking the blog to access from there in the future.

Contributor
heav
0 Kudos

You can also go to the Nook Blog and you will find the Free Friday offer there.  If you have a Nook Tablet, it should be in the favorites already.  Yes, it did show up on the Nook first generation in the Free Friday section of the Daily,which made it very convenient  and easy to find.