New User
Swolf
0 Kudos

Black screen, read forever screen, nothing else

I have had my tablet for 1 1/2 years.  No problems.  I have read 60 plus books and enjoy it immensely.  Two days ago I went to read a bit before bedtime and the screen was black and unresponsive.  I presumed it needed charging and plugged it up.  Last night I retrieved it, turned it on and it went to the nook logo with read forever underneath.  I turner it off and tried turning it on again.  same result.  I plugged back in and decided to deal with it today.

I came to this site and read several other similar choices and tried the on plus nook button approach without luck.  In fact I got a screen that told me to go to the B&N store for assistance.

Also, I cannot access any Nook for PC books either.  I had not accessed nook for PC recently so I synched and updated everything but that didn't help either.  I got a "cannot download, error 1016" or something like that.

any suggestions?  I'll check back later tonight and then tomorrow.  Thank you

New User
Swolf
0 Kudos

Re: Black screen, read forever screen, nothing else

well......

one part fixed.  Nook for pc restarted.  I tried to open a book that I paid for and it gave me a credit error, and it turned out my credit card on file expired this month.  so nook for pc works.

too bad it didn't change the tablet though...

New User
Swolf
0 Kudos

I was hoping for some help...

Distinguished Bibliophile
bobstro
0 Kudos

The NT is supposed to reload the firmware after 8 failed boots. Have you let it cycle through this many times? It wouldn't hurt to try another charger, just in case. Failing either of those, hitting a store might be your best hope. If nothing else works, and you don't mind getting a little technically adventurous (which, considering it's dead, is no big risk), there are a number of tricks that you could try to reload it. You'll need to learn how to create a bootable uSD card, but it's not rocket science.