Distinguished Correspondent
Tom51
0 Kudos
Accepted Solution

Books on SD Card are no longer showing in Book Library

[ Edited ]

I sideloaded books to the SD card of Nook Tablet in the past two weeks and everything went well.  All books show in the Book Library without problem.  However this morning I sideloaded a few more books to the SD card and none of them showed in Book Library.  Yet, I could find them in SD CARD/My Files/Books folder.  Note: I did all sideloading via Calibre.

To find out if that's caused by Calibre, I copied the books directly into SD CARD/My Files/Books folder.  That didn't help, so it's not Calibre.  Then I sideloaded (via Calibre) to the main storage and the books showed.  It seems to me that Nook Tablet stops recognizing the new sideloaded books for some reason.

Can someone help please?

Distinguished Bibliophile
deemure
0 Kudos

Re: Books on SD Card are no longer showing in Book Library

Tom51 wrote:

I sideloaded books to the SD card of Nook Tablet in the past two weeks and everything went well.  All books show in the Book Library without problem.  However this morning I sideloaded a few more books to the SD card and none of them showed in Book Library.  Yet, I could find them in SD CARD/My Files/Books folder.  Note: I did all sideloading via Calibre.

To find out if that's caused by Calibre, I copied the books directly into SD CARD/My Files/Books folder.  That didn't help, so it's not Calibre.  Then I sideloaded (via Calibre) to the main storage and the books showed.  It seems to me that Nook Tablet stops recognizing the new sideloaded books for some reason.

Can someone help please?

It is possible that there's something wrong with the card.  You might try re-formatting the card and then inserting it into the NT to have it add the folders and such and then add the books.  When you sideload to the card are you connecting the NT to your computer or taking the card out and putting it into a card reader?  Maybe with an adapter of course.

"I still believe in spite of everything that people are good at heart." Anne Frank.
Distinguished Correspondent
Tom51
0 Kudos

deemure wrote:

Tom51 wrote:

Can someone help please?

It is possible that there's something wrong with the card.  You might try re-formatting the card and then inserting it into the NT to have it add the folders and such and then add the books.  When you sideload to the card are you connecting the NT to your computer or taking the card out and putting it into a card reader?  Maybe with an adapter of course.

I don't mind to reformat the SD card.  What would you recommend for reformatting - do it on Nook Tablet with Nook's 'Earase SD Card' feature or do it on Nook Tablet with DOS format?

Correspondent
SamSpade88
0 Kudos

Definitely do the formatting directly from the Nook Tablet with the card installed on the device as it will also create all your folders automatically as well.

Reader 4
LittleCastle
0 Kudos

I am wondering if this worked, as I am having the same issue.  I also can't add books to shelves even if I go directly to the book in the MyFiles section.  It will bring up a Read or Delete option, but that is it.