New User
helicOPT
0 Kudos

Brand new NOOK HD+ not responding to "click" touches.

Hello everyone. I just bought a Nook HD+ today, and so far I've been mostly satisfied with it.

However, once every 30 minutes of usage, the touch screen becomes completely unresponsive to my "clicks." I can slide/scroll fine, but it doesn't respond to my clicking an app, address bar, etc. The only way I can get it to work again is to LOCK/UNLOCK the device, at which point it works again perfectly (for another ~30 minutes).

Another thing, of course, is the shaky screen movement I get when I leave my finger on the screen. I've heard that this is a common sensitivity issue and is almost expected from these devices.

Is there anything I can do about it, or should I go through the hassle return the device? Would rooting it do anything to help it?

Thank you very much!

Distinguished Scribe
NookGardener
0 Kudos

Re: Brand new NOOK HD+ not responding to "click" touches.

Well, you might get more feedback if you posted this in the HD/HD+ forum, rather than the tablet forum. :smileyhappy: {Nook Tablet was actually the name of a device, like ipad 2 is the name of a device.} There is a significant difference between what the devices will do, you'll learn more on the HD forum (since that's what you have.)

1) Did you install a ton of apps?  Are they set to auto sync every 30 minutes? If you were to wait 35 or 40 minutes, does it work again?

2) Dont leave your finger on the screen if you're not trying to do something. The screen is supposed to respond to touch.Screen thinks you want to do something. 

3) The primary reason that people rooted the Nook Color, the Nook Tablet and even the Nook HD or HD+ (when the latter first came out) was to get access to more apps. Since the HD and HD+ have access to Google Play Store, why do you think rooting will do for you?