New User
buenovna
0 Kudos

Brand new nook tablet will not run Netflix app, tells me my password is incorrect even though it is.

I've got a brand new tablet, Software version 1.4.1, model BNTV250.  The Netflix app came pre-installed, and I don't see a way to remove it, nor a way to install it again once I (theoretically) do.  

When the app first came up I was able to enter my email address and password under "Memeber Sign-in". I got something like the right screen, but pressing icons and/or scrolling was completely locked up.  After exiting the app, upon getting back in I just get a grey screen and the only thing that works is the exit button.  I powered down and even erased/reregistered the tablet to start over and have not seen any change.

When I try to log in unber the nook settings (a whole other proposition, btw, that's linking BN with Netflix) I get the message that my username/password are invalid.  I confirmed on my desktop computer that the username/pw combination were correct.  Does BN expect me to have the same username/pw for both services?  Bad idea.

Inspired Scribe
kamas716
0 Kudos

Re: Brand new nook tablet will not run Netflix app, tells me my password is incorrect even though it

buenovna wrote:

I've got a brand new tablet, Software version 1.4.1, model BNTV250.  The Netflix app came pre-installed, and I don't see a way to remove it, nor a way to install it again once I (theoretically) do.  

When the app first came up I was able to enter my email address and password under "Memeber Sign-in". I got something like the right screen, but pressing icons and/or scrolling was completely locked up.  After exiting the app, upon getting back in I just get a grey screen and the only thing that works is the exit button.  I powered down and even erased/reregistered the tablet to start over and have not seen any change.

When I try to log in unber the nook settings (a whole other proposition, btw, that's linking BN with Netflix) I get the message that my username/password are invalid.  I confirmed on my desktop computer that the username/pw combination were correct.  Does BN expect me to have the same username/pw for both services?  Bad idea.

Your NT needs to be registered under the same name/password as under the B&N website so they are linked.  Your Netflix account can be different from your B&N stuff (mine is).  The only problem I have with Netflix is that it locks up/runs really slowly quite a bit.  Usually the fix is to turn the NT off and start it back up.

http://www.goodreads.com/kamas716
New User
buenovna
0 Kudos

Re: Brand new nook tablet will not run Netflix app, tells me my password is incorrect even though it

It's registered and shows up in my account on the BN website. Power off/on, deregister did not work.  

Bibliophile
5ivedom
0 Kudos

Ignore the Nook settings. That does only recommendations on your home page. IT's not needed for Netflix.

For the Netflix app you just need to start, log in with your account.

Some people have been having this green screen issue.

For some it just magically fixed itself.

I think restarting might help.