Reader
Suxur
0 Kudos

Can't Link Netflix with Nook Tablet

When I go to "Settings" > "Home" > "Configure Netflix Account" ...and enter my credentials, I get "Incorrect User Name or Password."

The user name and password are both correct, and the strange thing is... If I open the Netflix App and sign in through it using the same credentials, it will sign in and I'm able to use Netflix. This isn't a huge deal since I can use the app, although it would be nice to have the account linked so when I click the "More" button on the home screen it will show my top movie and TV picks.

I was wondering if anyone else has had this issue and if they have solved it?

To answer any possible questions on what I've tried:

• Sign out of Netflix App and try to link...
  • Sign into Netflix App and try to link...
  • Forget WiFi, reconnect and try to link...
  • Reboot and try to link...
  • Clear Browser History, Cookies, Cache, Passwords and Forms...
  • Erase and Deregister Device...

The Nook is not rooted, it has the latest update 1.4.3, and since it is a Nook Tablet and not Color, I am unable to uninstall and reinstall the Netflix app.

Thanks for any help offered!

Wordsmith
PJLLB
0 Kudos

Re: Can't Link Netflix with Nook Tablet

Have you contacted Netflix or B&N to discuss the problem? 

Reader
Suxur
0 Kudos

I did contact B&N Online Live Chat... but they were no help, they couldn't understand the difference between the Netflix App and "linking" the account...

I have not yet had a chance to contact Netflix since they only have a contact number and no online or email support.

New User
Creativologist
0 Kudos

Same thing here.  The downloaded app works fine though

But I keep getting invalid user/password for the linking option.

And I know they are correct.

New User
Iriyatesse
0 Kudos

I have the same problem. I know the login and pass are correct but it keeps telling me incorrect user name or pass when I try to link.

New User
astropilot
0 Kudos

Any update on this? I got the same problem (Nook tablet, not rooted).

Bibliophile
5ivedom
0 Kudos

Suxur, if you can download the app and it works.

Then why do you want to link it?

Note: Linking doesn't work for me either. I didn't even know about it until recently. Was using the Netflix app happily. Then I found that setting in Settings. But forgot about it.

Is there some benefit to turning that on?

New User
Kahtreena
0 Kudos

[ Edited ]

I'm having the same problem. When I try to link my netflix account to my nook it tells me the password is wrong. When I try and log in to the netflix app it works fine. Has anyone fixed theirs? Its not a big deal because you can still use the app it but I do feel slightly cheated that some of the features on my Nook tablet aren't working properly.

New User
Steve43

My wife and I both have the same problem, the app works though so not a big deal, I just think if Netflix and Barnes and Noble are going to team and offer linking the accounts then it should work! Just fix the trouble already!

New User
Kahtreena
0 Kudos

[ Edited ]
Has anyone had any success in fixing this?
Bibliophile
5ivedom
0 Kudos

No.

Does anyone know what the benefit is of linking via Settings.

I can log in via the app and it works fine and it seems that works for everyone.

So what exactly are we missing by not having the Tablet link to Netflix via settings?

Contributor
Anonymous-Coward
0 Kudos

Netflix used to work via the "settings" account linking on my Nook Tablet, and I think it may also have worked through the App - but now settings claims invalid username/password (not true) and when I start the Netflix app I get a grey screen (the app is running, I can get it to ask if I really want to exit the Netflix app).

Netflix works fine on my Nook HD (and several other household devices), so I'm confident I'm using correct username and password.

Chat with BN support about the Tablet suggested a soft reset (doesn't work), per BN, the next step is to deregister the device which I consider unacceptable (in no small part because the advice comes with no explanation of what's wrong or why all the effort to backup, deregister and re-load content will definitely fix the problem).

Does anyone have any better ideas what is wrong or how to restore my Nook Tablet?  I own four Nooks (original thru HD) and after a great start my satisfaction has deteriorated significantly.  Any help would be appreciated.

Thank you!

Bibliophile
5ivedom

It's unlikely the 'Settings' issue affects the App.

I've had 'Settings' not work on either my color or tablet - ever. But the App has worked.

Did you check for updates for Netflix?

On your Apps page there's a link (blue underlined text, top right) - Check for Updates.

Tap that.

Wait for a minute.

A dialog will come up and it'll show if there are updates for Netflix.

I've seen other people get this issue too. Some of them didn't have any settings issue. So it is probably not related.

Chat Support probably knows very little about this issue. Contacting Netflix might be the better solution.

Frequent Contributor
Raven2099
0 Kudos

Proof nook sucks....
make my nook suck less
Frequent Contributor
Raven2099
0 Kudos

nook support said to call nextflix support..

nexfix support sais to call nook support.....

crazy

make my nook suck less
New User
TheCover_Crystal
0 Kudos

It dosn't work for me ether from what i understand the linking (which recomends things and what not for you on your nook not a big deal but still) is a third party app made by B and N the Netflix app made by Netflix for the nook works great and I've had no problems Netflix support dosnt support the linking option for the nook its like calling apple support if angry birds itsn functioning properly.

Bibliophile
5ivedom
0 Kudos

The linking doesn't work. The only thing the linking is used for is to show 'movie recommendations and last watched movies' in your 'Recent' Bar on your home screen.

Just use the App itself. Ignore the 'linking' in settings.

New User
gergo
0 Kudos

Same thing happened today, 29 Apr, in the morning.  Still out, rebooted, reinstalled, etc.. just gray screen after the red one, there is a flash.  

Bibliophile
5ivedom
0 Kudos

On another thread a user said what worked for them was to restart Nook a few times.

Press and hold power button and physical 'n' button for 30 seconds.

New User
max97
0 Kudos

[ Edited ]

I am having the same problems. with the gray screen when I try to watch a movie thru the website?

Anyone have any luck solving the problem ?

Thanks !