Distinguished Correspondent
Saint_Nookolas
0 Kudos

Caution: Some NC apps not supported on NT

Caution: Some NC apps not supported on NT I own a First Gen Nook, a Nook Color, and yesterday, I purchased the new Nook Tablet. Unfortunately, I have learned that not all of my previously purchased NC apps are supported on the new NT. The unsupported free apps such as Dropbox and Bibliophile do not bother me as much as discovering my $60 Webster 3rd Int Dictionary app is now useless! That is beyond frustrating. It also does not support my Olive Tree Bible reader with KJV/Strongs, which is a great disappointment as well. I do not know if this is a developer or BN issue, or if the unsupported apps are due to the device itself or the 1.4 software, but thought I'd pass this info on. I hope something can be done to correct this problem. I had relied on having my digitally purchased content available.
New User
DMnook

Re: Caution: Some NC apps not supported on NT

I report that I am having the same problem. I love the new Tablet but hope the app developers will be on line with some updates to have these apps working on the Tablet.

I have Olive Tree, Amazing Facts, The Going to Bed Book that say they are not supported at this time and the app for Basic Spanish Dummies just keeps loading on the NT.

I had no problem with these apps on the NC so hoping there is a solution out there soon.

Anyone else having this problem please report so that the developers will get a fix out there.

Wondering once the NC gets the 1.4 update will this create a problem for these apps on the NC?

Frequent Contributor
jwinterDE
0 Kudos

Wow, lack of support for the dictionary is a show stopper for me.  I had that app for years on my Palm pilot, and finally rebought it recently for the NC -- no way in heck am I buying it a third time!  :robotmad:

Frequent Contributor
Gina143
0 Kudos

I found have one of my favorite games not available on the Tablet so I emailed the developer and he had no idea about it. So he do some changes and submitted it back to B&N, should be ready next week.

My suggestion is to do that with any app not showing for the Tablet.

Good luck.

New User
DMnook
0 Kudos

Where do I find the contact information of the app developers for each app?

Frequent Contributor
Gina143
0 Kudos

When you are viewing the app in the store look in the section called details below the overview of  the app and it has the contact info there.

Good luck

Distinguished Correspondent
Saint_Nookolas
0 Kudos

Olive Tree Bible Reader now works on NT

Hallelujah! It worked! As an FYI to others, the Tablet originally showed this app as unsupported and would not even let me archive it. I had to go on-line, archive the app, re-sync the Tablet, then unarchive the app from the Tablet, and it downloaded the fix. I'm hopeful that fixes for the other unsupported apps will soon follow. I am thrilled to have my KJV and Strongs back! A BIG THANK YOU to Oogler and CrankyBeach for their assistance! God bless!
Contributor
wpiv
0 Kudos

I would like to put in my two cents about Basic Spanish for Dummies and the fact that it doesn't run on the NT. It runs perfectly on our Nook Color but after my wife kind of "took over" that unit I bought a Tablet. One of my hobbies is trying to continue learning Spanish and that program was very fun and helpful.

I get the same permanant "loading" message others have reported when I try to open the app. Hopefully between the developer and BN this will eventually get worked out.

wpiv