Reader 4
vickywink
0 Kudos

Computer software?

Is there a computer program out there that I can load my books on, create folders and then load it on to m tablet and have my folders already created without having to redo all the information and files again once everything is on? M y fingers arn't made for typing on a tablet.......to big
Bibliophile
bklvr896
0 Kudos

Re: Computer software?

vickywink wrote:
Is there a computer program out there that I can load my books on, create folders and then load it on to m tablet and have my folders already created without having to redo all the information and files again once everything is on? M y fingers arn't made for typing on a tablet.......to big

Not from B&N.  The tablets and other devices don't sync with your computer, they sync with the website.

Reader 4
vickywink
0 Kudos

So is it possible for me to create an account and up load the books I already have and create files/tags for them there?
Distinguished Scribe
NookGardener
0 Kudos

What exactly are you trying to do?  It's very unclear to me.

From another post, I can tell that you previously had a Sony ereader (which allowed you to create collections, tags etc.)  and sync to your device.  Currently there is no B&N equivalent.

But you can create your own "genre" folders on your pc, copy your previously purchased epubs into those folders, and then copy those folders onto your Tablet. I have my folders on an 8gb sd card.  To access them, I just go to My Library, then My Stuff.  (then you select sd card.)  If you want to take it a step further, you can purchase the Missing Sync for Android --- one of the unadvertised features of this program is that it will allow you to sync folders from your pc to your NT. (But it costs $40.)

No, you can't create a B&N account and upload purchases from other vendors into your B&N account.

You can create bookshelves on your NT but as the feature doesn't have any backup feature, I have avoided it (Murphy's Law, as soon as I set them up, I just know I will have to do an erase and reregister.) But I am fairly certain that you can add sideloaded items to your bookshelves (and pdfs, other files) which is part of the reason that bookshelves don't sync to the B&N bookstore --- can't sync files that it doesn't have. 

Does that help?

Reader 4
vickywink
0 Kudos

OK thank you. What I was looking for was a computer ( pc ) program that I could organize my books in and then transfer them to the computer and keep the books organized. ie...author, series, subject ect.. with out having to reorganize everything once it is on the nook. I have problems with my finger and hasnds, si to reorganize using the touch screen is difficult.
Distinguished Scribe
NookGardener
0 Kudos

OK, now I see what you are trying to do. 

Could you use Calibre and some "title changing" to organize everything the way you want on your PC, and then copy the files over to your NT or sd card?

I haven't used Calibre in awhile but I think it creates a folder for all your authors.  Once you've pulled all your previously purchased books into calibre, couldn't you go in and change the file names so you can see your books by series? For example, under  "Patterson, James", find the first Alex Cross book, change the title to AC 01 xxxxxxtitlexxxx.  And then for murder mystery woman (the four women in SF, I forget the name of the series), use something like MMW 01. 

Here's a thread on how people were changing file names and using calibre.

http://bookclubs.barnesandnoble.com/t5/NOOK-Color-General-Discussion/For-those-who-sideload-books-wi...