Contributor
Linny6
0 Kudos
Accepted Solution

Crossword

I have a Nook Tablet running 1.4.1. I noticed the other day when I played the crossword game that comes preinstalled that after I win a game that it won't stop the animation so I can start a new game. It won't actually even let me play a new crossword game without rebooting the nook. I never noticed this behavior on my regular nook color but I haven't played the crossword on it since the update.

Thoughts?

Inspired Scribe
Doreenpv
0 Kudos

Re: Crossword

So if you tap on Game (in the lower left hand corner) a new game does not appear.

Most times if I have an issue with an app, I archive it then unarchive it and things seem to work as intended. BUT with preloaded apps, you do not have the archive option.

I hate to say it, but either call CS or stop by one of your stores. Sorry I couldn't offer more assistance.

Contributor
Linny6
0 Kudos

I can tap on 'new game' and a new game appears but the animation of the blocks disappearing continues and I can't complete the new puzzle.  

I'm surprised I couldn't find any other posters with the same issue, at least that would give me hope that the problem is fixable or will be fixed.

Next time I'm heading in a direction of a local B&N I'll pop in and see what they can do.

Contributor
Linny6
0 Kudos

Played around with the app a bit more today and discovered a fix.  If I go to 'Exit Game' instead of pushing the N button and then go back in I can start a new game that will actually work.  

New User
hulxter
0 Kudos

I would avoid using that app. I've never used it, but my Nook HD came with it pre-installed, and I can't remove it. Today I installed AVG Antivirus, and it identified the Crosswords app as intrusive adware. AVG is very trustworthy and has a strong reputation, so I'd avoid using this app and probably anything else developed by Astraware. There must be other crossword puzzle apps out there.

Inspired Wordsmith
Swamprat
0 Kudos

hulxter wrote:

I would avoid using that app. I've never used it, but my Nook HD came with it pre-installed, and I can't remove it. Today I installed AVG Antivirus, and it identified the Crosswords app as intrusive adware. AVG is very trustworthy and has a strong reputation, so I'd avoid using this app and probably anything else developed by Astraware. There must be other crossword puzzle apps out there.

Welcome to the Nook boards!

Note that you are responding to a post that is almost 2 years old and in the Nook Tablet thread so HD expperience may or may not be applicable.

With regard to AVG identification as "intrusive adware" this does not necessarily indicate a problem with the app or that it is unsafe to use - just that it may include adds.  It can be marked as an exception in the settings for AVG to eliminate warnings if the user wishes to use it.