flyingtoastr
Topics: 55
Kudos: 2,976
0 Kudos

Dropbox

Why doesn't the Dropbox app work on my NOOK Tablet? It's easily my most used app on my color and it would be swell if it worked on my new toy as well.

New User
striders
0 Kudos

Re: Dropbox

I am curious myself. The DropBox app is not even showing up in the Nook App store in my Nook Tablet.

I am wondering if B&N have TWO different version of the App Store?

BN_AlexG
Topics: 68
Kudos: 519
Solutions: 41

Hi flyingtoastr,

Our app team is working directly with DropBox to bring the app to NOOK Tablet as soon as possible. We’ll keep you posted. 

- Alex

Click the Laurel leaf to say thank you for helpful posts. And be sure to come back to click the 'Accept as Solution' button for the post that solved your issue. This may help someone else.
flyingtoastr
0 Kudos

Thanks, Alex.

Distinguished Bibliophile
roustabout
0 Kudos

In the meantime, does the website work?  I know it's not half so elegant, but I remember it being proposed awhile back for the NC.

And also the hook in Quick Office Pro, if you have that.   

"no warrants shall issue, but upon probable cause, supported by oath or affirmation, and particularly describing the place to be searched, and the persons or things to be seized." Fourth Amendment to the US Constitution.
Contributor
JoshKing
0 Kudos

The website seems to work perfectly. 

I would love to see the app work but until then tis looks great. 

Inspired Correspondent
j-andersonjma
0 Kudos

Activated my NT this morning.  Dropbox is on my Apps page (connected NT to my existing account) but have not tried it yet because of last weeks forum comments.  Is Dropbox cleared for the NT yet?

Inspired Correspondent
j-andersonjma
0 Kudos

Dropbox Plans for Nook Tablet

In response to my Dropbox ticket:

Graham - Dropbox Support, Nov-25 11:39 pm (PST):

Hi Jack,

We do not currently have a plan to release a Nook Tablet application, you should be able to use the Dropbox web application here: http://m.dropbox.com/

In the future we may release an application targeting the Nook, however, this is not currently something we have in development. I apologize for the inconvenience.

Best,
Graham

I would really like to have an App!

Inspired Correspondent
j-andersonjma
0 Kudos

No Real Need for Dropbox App

I just discovered that the Dropbox function in Quickoffice Pro works just fine on the tablet.  Guess I will not be as disappointed if Dropbox does not "fix" the problem on the Nook Tablet.

Inspired Wordsmith
robotecture
0 Kudos

Re: No Real Need for Dropbox App

For those who don't have quick office, Dropbox is still a must have app for the nook tablet, if it wants to be a serious competitor to the kindle fire which provides 5 gb of free cloud storage...
flyingtoastr
0 Kudos

Re: No Real Need for Dropbox App

robotecture wrote:
For those who don't have quick office, Dropbox is still a must have app for the nook tablet, if it wants to be a serious competitor to the kindle fire which provides 5 gb of free cloud storage...

Worth mentioning that you can't directly download from that free storage space on a Fire - you have to go through the web browser just like Dropbox is currently requiring on NOOK.

But irregardless, Dropbox needs to get their app back. It's my baby. :smileysad:

Distinguished Correspondent
gilgomez
0 Kudos

Re: Dropbox Plans for Nook Tablet

j-andersonjma wrote:

In response to my Dropbox ticket:

Graham - Dropbox Support, Nov-25 11:39 pm (PST):

Hi Jack,

We do not currently have a plan to release a Nook Tablet application, you should be able to use the Dropbox web application here: http://m.dropbox.com/

In the future we may release an application targeting the Nook, however, this is not currently something we have in development. I apologize for the inconvenience.

Best,
Graham

I would really like to have an App!

Barnes and Noble:  Why SELL Dropbox as an app or even show it when shopping from the NT when it won't be compatible?????

Dropbox:  PLEASE reconsider and work with BN to provide us a compatible version of the Dropbox to be used on the NT.

Thanks!!!!!!

Contributor
gintn
0 Kudos

I hope Dropbox for the Tablet is coming soon -- I upgraded and while the Tablet has some nice features and is faster Dropbox was missing and many useful and free apps from the Andriod market are still missing. Loosen up some!

flyingtoastr
0 Kudos

Dropbox is back! If you're is still hanging out in the "not supported" tab on your NOOK, log into MYNOOK here on BN.com, manually archive the app from the website, synch your NOOK, and unarchive it.

:smileyhappy:

Distinguished Correspondent
raqball
0 Kudos

This is awesome! I just installed it from the store... :woot: