Contributor
ravengirl
0 Kudos

Email app contstantly crashes

I have had the nook tablet for one week.  I set up my yahoo account easily and it worked until yesterday.  Yesterday for no apparent reason when I opened the mail app, it crashes with a "Sorry! The application email (process com.bn.nook.email) has stopped unexpectly.  Please try again" message. 

I have tried racing the error message to delete and re-setup the account several times and it doesn't help.  I have restarted the device.  This morning I noticed that B&N has automatically pushed the 1.41 OS update to my device.

Any suggestions?  It worked fine until yesterday. 

Contributor
ravengirl
0 Kudos

Re: Email app contstantly crashes

I went ahead and reset the device, which did not help.  I then upgraded yahoo mail from classic to whatever the newest version was, and that didn't help either. 

Mail works fine on my computer and my iphone.  I'm starting to think I should return this and put the money towards an ipad.

Contributor
johnson01

As you may have seen in my note from yesterday, I had the same problem.  I finally decided it was time to go to the local BN store.  There the guy said the issue was because of the update to the 1.4.1 and they were aware of the issue.  He said the only thing that could be done would be to wait for a new update to come out.  Aside from this issue I like the NT enough to hang on to it to see if they get this kinked worked out. 

Contributor
ravengirl

Thanks for your note - this is a pretty nasty bug. I didn't see your post from yesterday so thank you for posting here.   What is your thread's link?

I can get into it via a browser but that is not feasible for regular use.  I'm pretty disappointed.

Contributor
johnson01
0 Kudos

It's a couple of posts under yours.  I simply called it Email.  It would be my guess that BN won't let this issue ride too long.  They are in an all out way with Amazon and their Kindle line.

Contributor
ravengirl
0 Kudos

I have been on the phone with tech support for the past half hour.  We went through all the steps that I've already gone through, and then did a hard reset as well.  Nothing helped, and I was told that the update had nothing to do with the app crash.  Now I am on hold more for a "higher" level of support.

Contributor
ravengirl
0 Kudos

Now we are going through the hard reset one more time.  They tell me if it doesn't work this time that they will replace the device.

Contributor
ravengirl
0 Kudos

OK, after an hour on the phone, tech support says my device is defective.  Have to give a credit card # to get rapid return (3-5 business days) for a replacement device.

I will keep this thread as unsolved until I get the new device and see whether or not it is resolved.

Contributor
johnson01
0 Kudos

So sorry you are having so much trouble.  At least you are getting a new device and it sounds like the problems we are having may be slightly different.  Be interesting to see how fast they get you a new one.  My best to you

Michael

Contributor
ravengirl
0 Kudos

Thanks, Michael.  I really don't know what to think.  I'll update here when I get the new device.  It looks like it will ship tomorrow - I would bet I get it by Thursday or Friday.

Best of luck to you too.

Contributor
ravengirl
0 Kudos

Looks like the replacement tablet is out for delivery.  I just saw a B&N mod post in Michael's thread about B&N's knowledge of email issues.  I surely hope I didn't get a replacement for an issue that will continue!

I'll be home in a few hours - will let y'all know what happens.

Inspired Scribe
Doreenpv
0 Kudos

Raven...let me know if your mail continues to download even after you have deleted them. My mail continues to reappear.

That's my issue.

Contributor
ravengirl
0 Kudos

Will do, Doreen.  It was delivered and I'm heading home now - so will check in later tonight.

Inspired Scribe
Doreenpv
0 Kudos

okey dokey, thx

Contributor
ravengirl
0 Kudos

So far so good.  I erased and deregistered the original device, hooked the new one up, and set up my yahoo mail account.  Not crashing.  Last time around it worked for a week - so I will see how it goes.

At least I didn't get that error right away! I was dreading it.

It's also on 1.4.1.

Inspired Scribe
Doreenpv
0 Kudos

When you delete an email...does it stay deleted??

Contributor
ravengirl
0 Kudos

It seems to stay deleted.

Inspired Scribe
Doreenpv
0 Kudos

Awesome

Hey give the new browser a whirl. It's free and way faster than stock. It's called Puffin.

New User
PamDadio
0 Kudos

Having the same issue for the past week.  Went to BN today and their staff did a hard boot while talking to the 800 number tech support.  Guess what?  Not only did it not fix the problem, I now have to reinstall of of my other apps again.  They told me it is yahoo's problem.  Anyone got a fix???? Ever since they came out with the HD tablet, lots of other stuff quit working too.  Can't get into HBOtogo anymore either.  Did they intentionally disable features in the tablet so we have to upgrade????

Bibliophile
5ivedom
0 Kudos

Ever since they came out with the HD tablet, lots of other stuff quit working too.  Can't get into HBOtogo anymore either.  Did they intentionally disable features in the tablet so we have to upgrade????

Actually, NC and NT have far less problems than HD and HD+. I doubt the problems you are experiencing are some great attempt to get you to upgrade.

The Yahoo Mail thing I don't know. This forum doesn't indicate what post you replied to. So when you say 'Having the same issue'. What is 'same issue'?

What other problems have you been seeing.

You'll have to mention them + then if someone knows a fix they can let you know what the fix is.