New User
ccushing
0 Kudos

Frustrated Nook Lover

I have had my Nook Tablet for over 2 years now, and absolutley LOVE IT. Until tonight. I was trying to load a Netflix movie on my tablet and it was taking forever to load. Then my screen went black. I have not been able to get it to turn back on. I've tried holding the power button and the "n" button to get it to reset, but all that happens is I get the black logo screen, then the screen goes completely black again. I've plugged it into the charger, but I'm pretty sure it's not the battery because I almost had a completely full battery. Frustrated because I'm in the middle of a book that I was planning to finish tomorrow. Are there anymore suggestions out there? Mu only option at this point is to let it charge over night, and hope and pray that it turns back on tomorrow.

Scribe
Froide
0 Kudos

Re: Frustrated Nook Lover

By now, I hope you're back up and running. Happened to me tonight, and an online search indicates this is no isolated problem. I don't know why this problem occurred, but was able to (eventually) restart my NT by simultaneously holding the power and Nook ("n") buttons, which rebooted the device. As soon as my NT rebooted, I checked the battery level: 79%. Disproved my hypothesis that I'd let the battery drain too low.
Outside of a dog, a book is man's best friend. Inside of a dog, it's too dark to read. ~Groucho Marx

[My quicklinks to pick/post limited-time ebook and audiobook freebies in the Limited-Time NOOKbook Freebies and Official OT threads.]
New User
ccushing
0 Kudos

Re: Frustrated Nook Lover

I tried all that. I finally took it to a Barnes & Nobel store and had a tech look at it. After trying several different things and a remote reboot from another tech, I was told that it could not be fixed and there was nothin else to be done. Was told to buy a new nook. Mine was only 2 1/2 years old, so I'm still debating whether to do that or not. Thanks for the help though!
Top Kudoed Authors
Users Online
Currently online: 30 members 209 guests
Please welcome our newest community members: